• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    I bought it yesterday and have already finished it. It is a really good book from the standpoint of the story it tells about the mission to kill OBL. The whole point of the book from the view of the author is to highlight the sacrifices that the men make in order to operate at that high a level. It seemed to me most of the book was simply "this is what happened" rather than focusing on sacrifices that are made. This could also be because the author was not married and did not have any children. I have read many similar books and there are others I liked better. The ones I have read are, Lone Survivor, Red Circle, American Sniper, Service and Fearless. My favorite one of all of those is Fearless. It is one of the best books I have ever read. It really details the highs and lows of living a life as a tier one operator. Also, it really details the sacrifices one must make and how a person can overcome any obstacle if they have the desire to do so.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I bought it yesterday and have already finished it. It is a really good book from the standpoint of the story it tells about the mission to kill OBL. The whole point of the book from the view of the author is to highlight the sacrifices that the men make in order to operate at that high a level. It seemed to me most of the book was simply "this is what happened" rather than focusing on sacrifices that are made. This could also be because the author was not married and did not have any children. I have read many similar books and there are others I liked better. The ones I have read are, Lone Survivor, Red Circle, American Sniper, Service and Fearless. My favorite one of all of those is Fearless. It is one of the best books I have ever read. It really details the highs and lows of living a life as a tier one operator. Also, it really details the sacrifices one must make and how a person can overcome any obstacle if they have the desire to do so.

It's already better than the official version then.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just started reading it...good so far. I pre-ordered it from my Kindle Fire a couple of weeks ago. BOOM, it showed up a couple of days ago on it. Thanks for the heads up on "Fearless". Looks really good. It will be next on my list.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I got mine the other day (delivered from Amazon). I haven't really got around to reading yet, just a quick skim through the pages.

Top Bottom