Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have an ad:
    Thompson Contender 44 magnum 14" Blued Barrel with Rear Adj. Sights
    that I wanted to write "SOLD" on it, but there is no Edit to click on at the bottom of the ad for me to have access to do so.
    I did click on the two tabs at the top that say "Sold" & "Lock Thread."

I have noticed the Edit button disappearing on regular posts.
    Is there a time limit for those?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How long has the ad been up? After a VERY long time, (more than 30 days, maybe even 90?) you lose the ability to edit the first post of a thread.

Maybe @texkev can tell us when that cutoff is?

Its really a moot point. Once the OP marks it sold, it locks the thread. But if they havent marked it sold and locked it yet, we can usually get in there and make the change for them. Ive done that several times for long term ads.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Go ask your Mom... :D

There are strange things with the edit function, I'd like to have Cliff's notes on it.

That ad has been around a while. Spawned a "LTCH for non-handgun/seller sets the terms" thread.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    How long has the ad been up? After a VERY long time, (more than 30 days, maybe even 90?) you lose the ability to edit the first post of a thread.

Maybe @texkev can tell us when that cutoff is?

Its really a moot point. Once the OP marks it sold, it locks the thread. But if they havent marked it sold and locked it yet, we can usually get in there and make the change for them. Ive done that several times for long term ads.
    It has been up intermittently since Nov. 26, 2022

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fixed.

Just curious. See if you can do this.
    Go to the top of the ad. do you see a button with 3 dots grouped with the sold/unsold button? If you d, click it. does it have an option for "edit post"? If so you may be able to edit the title of the post. Not sure if thats just a mod thing or not.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think I found the ad. I cant change the body but we can change the title to include "sold"
    Thanks, I didn't like having it locked w/o having written "SOLD" in the ad, as per instructions.

Nearly every time I go to close out an ad, it tells me that I haven't checked the "Want to Sell" tab, but I have.
    I have to go back in to do that , before it lets me lock the ad.
    I figured it was a glitch in the program.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Seems like every time I peruse the classifieds the things I’m interested in are on the other end of the state. :(
    I laugh at the adds where things that have no need to show a DL and Permit for, but they insist on seeing them. The redeeming factor is they normally take months to sell instead of days.
    And / or items that would sell quickly if the seller would simply ship to a buyer that lives hours away.

Its a sellers world.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Fixed.

Just curious. See if you can do this.
    Go to the top of the ad. do you see a button with 3 dots grouped with the sold/unsold button? If you d, click it. does it have an option for "edit post"? If so you may be able to edit the title of the post. Not sure if thats just a mod thing or not.
    I followed your instructions on another ad just now, having sold a Taurus GX4 today.
    I had to unlock it to get the 3 dots to come up.
    When I clicked "edit" I was afforded the option of writing "SOLD" in the Title.

Top Bottom