• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The sign specifically prohibits "activities". It does not, on its face, deny entry to any "person" as required by the statute. I have gone through most of the caselaw and cannot find any case where such a sign was found to "deny entry".

Best,

Joe

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying with caselaw, Joe.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I wonder if the "sidewalks" they are referring to are the ones just outside the door.
    You know, between the door and the parking lot.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying with caselaw, Joe.

Just keep in mind there is appears to be absence of caselaw on the matter, not a case ruling the other way. It appears that the matter has never been addressed in a published case. I don't think that a sign prohibiting activities suffices for the statute but I make no representations about what the appellate courts would do.

It would be my guess that such a case does not exist primarily because arrests aren't made for breaking the rules of a facility. Otherwise, everybody that sneaks candy into the theatre has committed criminal trespass.

Best,

Joe

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    I am sure they would have turned around and left had that sign been in place.

Seriously! I'm in absolute agreement with your sarcastic statement. Signs like this make me so furious, because it's basically inviting criminals to come on in and rob them.

Why? Because the criminals can be SURE that there are no civilians CCing on the premises.

They might as well have a sign that says, "Come on in, robbers! No one is allowed to have firearms here, so you can't be stopped!"

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Churches Chicken sucks anyways. When I want chicken, it's Pop Eyes - that is good chicken.

Also, according to the sign you may carry a single gun, just not "guns". Just leave your bug in the car and make sure you primary is ready to go - as it should be anyways.

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    It would be my guess that such a case does not exist primarily because arrests aren't made for breaking the rules of a facility. Otherwise, everybody that sneaks candy into the theater has committed criminal trespass.

Best,

Joe
    What a fantastic point.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I dont see my self doin business with Churchs Chicken never been there now i never will. I run a business and as long as individuals come in and are carrying in a safe manor I have no problem. But if someone comes in caary in a unsafe manor suck as hanging out of a back pocket I cant put my employees, customers or myself in danger becuase of one person stupidity.:ar15:

Top Bottom