• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So..I'm out for a leisurely stroll the other day when I happen to see this sign along a walking trail in a city park. Along this trail I saw 5 of these signs (yes I counted lol). It made me :rolleyes: hardcore. Also, I happened to be carrying at the time too :):

nofirearms.jpg

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Actually, the sign is now against IN state law, and if the municipality still has a law on the books to go with the sign, you could bring legal action.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Actually, the sign is now against IN state law, and if the municipality still has a law on the books to go with the sign, you could bring legal action.
    i believe if the park is operated by DNR (not patrolled) then then can ban handguns. Last of my knowledge there wasnt any around that area.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    i believe if the park is operated by DNR (not patrolled) then then can ban handguns. Last of my knowledge there wasnt any around that area.

Not so.

DNR struck their administrative rule against firearms on their properties (specifically state parks) several years ago

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    At the very least a phone call to whom ever operates the park is warrented to politely ask them to remove the signs. Perhaps they were just over looked. If they are short on volunteers maybe you could volunteer to do it for them (no purple implied).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I propose a new rule on INGO...

If you state something like you know for a fact it is law then back it up by citing something. At least the thread you learned it on. I mean what are we? A gun shop on the internet? No reason for us to spread bad info like that. Its TOO EASY to look this stuff up I mean you ARE already on a dang computer!

Last I checked they all got Google, right?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I propose a new rule on INGO...

If you state something like you know for a fact it is law then back it up by citing something. At least the thread you learned it on. I mean what are we? A gun shop on the internet? No reason for us to spread bad info like that. Its TOO EASY to look this stuff up I mean you ARE already on a dang computer!

Last I checked they all got Google, right?

:laugh:

I thought that as soon as we typed something on the internet it becomes a fact right away, therefore we dont need to back it up right? :dunno:

Also it's not because you Google your facts to make sure that they are truelly facts that your results will be actual facts.
    It all depends where you find your information, I think we all know that.
    Last time I looked for something gun related on Google I found a post from INGO, that I wrote myself, on the first page of results.
    So I knew it was pure BS lol, but someone else would have thought it was a fact because they found it on a serious gun forum on the serious internet.

Top Bottom