• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Chuck D., teach us about the proper response to worrying about a .gov "shutdown".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOcOBjB3uU

As we write these words Kirk is singing under his breath,

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta..."

:)

I always figured Kirk was more of a Flavor Flav guy than Chuck D, though both were in Public Enemy together.

Flava+Flav.gif

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think this is one of the reasons for the rule about the transfer going through when there is no reply.
    It's to prevent the government from causing a ban through underfunding.

And, think of all the anti-gunners heads exploding if they knew NICS is still going through. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't know CNN was still broadcasting! Haven't watched them for a year or so, haven't missed them at all!
    Funny you mention them. I flipped over this morning to see how they were playing the shutdown story. The story they were featuring while I watched was that SiL Jared doesn't have his security clearance yet and that must mean he is hiding something from us.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    If congress specificly the democrats, would donate all of their salaries and kickbacks, im sure we could put food in the mouths of all these poor and starving government workers.
    Frankly the military are the only ones I care about during these things. They don't have a choice, it's like us abandoning them on an iceberg with no food and telling them to hold until,further notice. And they will still do their duty because that's who they are. It's a modern day valley forge
    The shutdown did get me out of nighttime land navigation in the snow this weekend, so there’s a silver lining for at least some of the .mil guys out there!

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I'm glad gun buying hasn't been affected by the shut down. I wish I could could say my work wasn't affected. Non-essential personnel are sent home then paid for time they didn't work. Projects are stopped and contractors are sent home...then paid for their extra expenses because of the delay and remobilization. I work for the government and my position is considered essential so I have to work but may not be paid on time. Any time take off during the shutdown will be unpaid...could be a huge deal if you had a vacation planned, fortunately I don't. Government waste of epic proportions, I really wish they would pass a budget so we could all go about our normal business and do our jobs.

Top Bottom