• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    So my father informed me today that while at his annual physical that his Doctor asked him if he owned any firearms or had any in the home, his response (he no longer owns any mind you) that it was none of his or the .govs business. His Dr responded back that the AHA requires them to ask, my father questioned why he would need to know and he said he didn't, it was for some database, somewhere within the fed.gov. My father was pretty upset and says he may just get a couple of guns again because he is scared of what is coming down the pipe. So what will your answer be when your dr asks you this at your next visit?

Mine will be "none of your darn business" even though I know I am probably on a couple of .gov databases as is ;).

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    My Doctor doesn't have to ask, he told me 5 years ago not to even go to my mailbox (across the street) without my weapon. So he knows where my weapon is during my visit.....On my belt.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Yup, you can thank ObamaCare for that. The amount of non-medical-related information that doctors' offices are supposed to collect has well crossed over the lines of a police state. First they force everyone to have health insurance and then when people utilize it they collect all this other data which goes into the giant data cloud to be parsed out to other government agencies. I wouldn't be surprised if one day you come home from the doctor's office to find ATF agents waiting for you to confiscate the guns you just admitted to your doctor that you owned!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    My Doctor doesn't have to ask, he told me 5 years ago not to even go to my mailbox (across the street) without my weapon. So he knows where my weapon is during my visit.....On my belt.

According to my fathers Dr., the law requires him to ask. but that being said he has a choice weather to follow the letter of the law just like Eric Holder!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've never been asked that by any doctor I've seen. I'm frequently asked if I feel safe at home and if I have had any falls within the last six months. I feel fine at home and then I ask if the falls include stumbling over due to drunken stupors. However, if I'm ever asked about firearms I'll tell them I lost them all in the lake during a boating accident. My doctor needs to know only enough to treat why I am at the appointment and nothing more.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is similar to when they started collecting biometric information at work during the annual benefits fair, "We're only creating a database"! Now if you fall outside the "norms" of body mass, weight, etc they charge you extra for your insurance.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My mother told me the other day that a doctor asked her that and she told them "no, it's ok we don't have any unsecured guns in the house".

If a doctor asks me about guns in my house, I will probably break out laughing at them. (That's such a stupid question, of course I have guns in my house. Who does not have guns in their house?)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    At my last visit, the nurse asked if I was sexually active. I told her I am married. She checked the "no" box in the computer. :):

Anyway, I have heard that the gun question is being asked. It never got asked that day. Ithought it was a recommendation by the AMA not a requirement of obamacare.

My answer would be no. Calmly.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I talked about this subject with my doc earlier this year during my physical. I've known him for 25 years. In my opinion, this guy is literally a genius and I trust him completely. He said NO ONE has asked/told him to collect any gun-related information. He said he doesn't believe any government entity if asking doctors to collect that information. He feels any doctors/clinics/hospitals that DO ask are doing it of their own accord. FWIW, I believe him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Okay...I think I have this. I don't own any guns, I don't drink, I wear my seatbelt and my helmet (but not both at the same time), I never cook with real butter, I exercise daily...am I leaving anything out?

I don't know if I can remember all of this until the next time I go to the doctor. Hubby's cardiologist is turning into a gun guy and usually talks gun at his appointments once we have established that he is doing okay. Of course, they know he has guns cause he ended up as a patient after having a heart attack and falling out of his tree stand on opening day of shot gun season several years ago. If they ask, we got rid of them all??? LOL

Top Bottom