• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    How many no gun signs have you actually seen around your parts? I have been looking, and looking hard, around Wayne County and have yet to find a public business with a no gun permitted sign. Now there is a no firearms permitted sign at my place of employment, I actually put it up 2 years ago but other than that I havent seen any.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I know M&I bank here in Carmel has a sign " no hats,hoodies,sunglasses or guns" I typically have at least 3 of those every time I go there:)

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    comunity north in castelton has one to the left of the door as you enter the first floor from the parking garage. i smiled as i walked on past it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Value city funiture in Clarksville, IN has one.

Value city in Hobart, I OC'ed in there when we got our bedroom set. I realized upon walking out and holding the door open for the wife it had a no guns signs.

I got some wild looks from the salesman and manager, it made sense afterwards the whisper... funny how they didn't say anything about it as we we dropped 2k+ on the bedroom set.

Costco has the no guns sign and the only other place I've seen is Tuesday Morning, which is a crap hole of store the wife drug me into. We didn't buy anything after I pointed out the sign on the door to the wife, who was OC'ing at the time IIRC.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only place I've ever seen a sign is at one of the simon malls. Of course, I've never really "seen" the sign. It ain't illegal if you didn't see it :D

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Really? I'll look for it during my diaper run tonight. I've OC'ed in there a few times.

I noticed them for the first time a week or so ago (after discovering that my baby formula supply was recalled). This was at Babies R Us on 86th. They were little red circles with a picture of a 1911 in the middle. That's why I cc'd my Glock without worry. Anyway, I think I would have noticed them before.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No guns

The Firestone Tire & Service Center at Southport and Emerson on the southside of Indy used to have one. I haven't been there for quite some time and don't plan on going. They jobbed me on a oil change anyway! :noway:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I noticed them for the first time a week or so ago (after discovering that my baby formula supply was recalled). This was at Babies R Us on 86th. They were little red circles with a picture of a 1911 in the middle. That's why I cc'd my Glock without worry. Anyway, I think I would have noticed them before.
    I'll be dipped... Sure enough.
    picture.php

Been there lots. Picked up a box of free diapers tonight, but they were out of our formula. I've OCed several times, and CC by accident (had my jacket on tonight). I guess having a baby in my arms is enough of a distraction.

By their sign, I would guess not even LEOs are welcome?

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    The only place I've seen them was at Flower Factory in Greenwood. They didn't like the deluge of negative e-mails sent to them, so they promised to take them down. I haven't been by since to see if they complied. Anyone been there since to see if they did?

I have seen that sign, but the one I was at was in Dayton which Im not supposed to be carrying in Ohio anyway so...I dont:dunno: Concealed means concealed :cool:

I'll be dipped... Sure enough.
    picture.php

Been there lots. Picked up a box of free diapers tonight, but they were out of our formula. I've OCed several times, and CC by accident (had my jacket on tonight). I guess having a baby in my arms is enough of a distraction.

We dont have either of these stores within an hour of us so I wouldnt have noticed but I do remember on another forum Im on that they were boycotting Toys R Us for banning guns and they are owned and operated by the same company so that makes sense.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    picture.php

In the hobart babies r us, I've oc'ed onseveral occasions ovre several years, as has my wife. Never said a word. We don't usually shop there, but occasionally they have some decent sales.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    The New Castle-Henry County Public Library has a sign by the door that says firearms are prohibited in the library. They also have off-duty police officers working security at the library in the evening. I guess the teenagers must be a real menace.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have seen that sign, but the one I was at was in Dayton which Im not supposed to be carrying in Ohio anyway so...I dont:dunno: Concealed means concealed :cool:

Actually, you can carry in OH, you just have to carry open. And expect a hassle, since it's not common. (IANAL) As far as Flower Factory is concerned, if they're going to follow up with what they told me and several other INGOers, all of their stores should have lost those signs right quick and in a hurry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom