• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Any gun show i have gone to has Ron Paul supporters, as gun owners and people who believe in are rights for guns you think we would support people( politicians ) who encourage guns shows and gun rights ........if this policy stands i for one will be boycotting lake county shows ..........

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So no more Levya or any of the others either? Crap, that means the only tables left at the CP gun show will be airsoft, beef jerky and chocolate.

That show has been a joke for years. Perhaps if they held it every 2-3 months and got some decent vendors it'd be another story.

*no offense to the 2 or 3 ingo supporters who go to the show but I can buy from you guys online if I want something and knives and shotgun accesories aren't really my thing anyway, lol. I'm more into rifles and pistols ;)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They shut our table down on Saturday. I wasn't present that day, I was scheduled to work the table the entire day Sunday. I was told of the shut-down by the guy who co-organizes the group with me.

We've worked at gun shows managed privately by the Northern Indiana Gun and Knife Show at the SAME location several times now, without a problem. Politics are inseparable from gun shows. No other gun show has given us any trouble in acquiring or running our tables either, including some others in Lake County.

Scheub also said politicking also wasn’t allowed as part of a rental agreement. “People are there buying guns,” he said. “We said this isn’t the place to be politicking.”
    This is bull****. When have gun shows ever been apolitical? 2nd Amendment anyone? What about the guy at every gun show who hands out anti-UN material? What about the tables for the Tea Parties I have seen at gun shows? What about the booths for the Republican & Democrat parties, seem at the Lake County Fair (held on the very same premises)?

Lies! Stay home if you don't want to hear other people's [STRIKE]free[/STRIKE] speech.

Perry had this to say:
    Gerry Scheub called me back this morning, it was a rather confrontational call. Gerry stated I did not violate any county statutes but the gun show organizer violated HIS contract with the Lake County fairgrounds by allowing a political table to be there. No call backs from either local paper (yet). Next stop, obtain a copy of the contract that central Indiana gunshows signs when renting the fairgrounds pavilion. Gerry said if I don't like it, obtain a lawyer and he'll see me in court. One more resason I'm glad I don't live in Lake County? (Gerry Scheub).
    After contacting the Post-Tribute, said this:
    Reporter sent me a copy of the fairgrounds contracts. Nothing against politicians is listed, just no solicitations allowed. Should have been asked to remove the RP donations jar and I would have complied, I also asked if they do not decide to run a story if she could put me in touch with an anti-Scheub people, that made her laugh!
    We were never informed of this "no donation jar" rule, nor asked to comply with it. I guess we are not allowed to recoup our costs of operation; paying out of pocket for the table, all of our materials, free DVDs, bumper stickers, literature, etc.

Bullies.

And so it goes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is Lake County Commissioner Gerry Scheub's phone number: (219) 755-3200

Let him know how you feel after reading about his douchbaggery in the Post Tribune.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So it sounds like Ron Pauls people got kicked out for no good reason, then the next day Commisioner Scheub decided to go the solicitation route, to cover his butt. What a DB.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    is lake county a part of chicago that broke off and landed over here?

No way! We just know how to vote, vote often, have our dead vote, vote again, have "Mickey Mouse" vote for our canidate, and vote a 3rd time. & when all that fails to get who we want we demand a recount becuase of voter fraud by the other side! :rockwoot:

Note the lack of purple!
    :faint:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No way! We just know how to vote, vote often, have our dead vote, vote again, have "Mickey Mouse" vote for our canidate, and vote a 3rd time. & when all that fails to get who we want we demand a recount becuase of voter fraud by the other side! :rockwoot:

Note the lack of purple!
    :faint:
    You forgot have Jimmy Johns vote!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You forgot have Jimmy Johns vote!

Ssssshhh don't tell them! And besides I don't want to talk to you. You tired to get out of the group that takes your taxes and give them to us for our train system. HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE US YOUR MONEY!!!!

Top Bottom