• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Seen a "No Guns Allowed" sign at Toys R Us on Grape Rd. in Mishawaka, IN. I would have turned around and went somewhere else but I spent 45 minutes at one intersection going there.

Just thought I would let you guys know.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    no_gun_no_money_business_card-p240537187536453384en3d3_400.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, what's new? This has been hashed out many times before here on INGO. Those signs have been up for years. Just conceal and ignore their damned signs if you go there. If you don't want to do that, then don't shop there. Signs have no weight of law in Indiana. It's wishful and magical thinking on their part.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    **** them anyway!
    I remember back in 1981-1983 my parents taking me there to buy toy guns. Had to be at least 4-5 aisles of toy guns.
    Went back in the late 90's to buy stuff for my newborn nephews, one end cap with junk!
    They started long ago.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    So, what's new? This has been hashed out many times before here on INGO. Those signs have been up for years. Just conceal and ignore their damned signs if you go there. If you don't want to do that, then don't shop there. Signs have no weight of law in Indiana. It's wishful and magical thinking on their part.

Till they see you and ask you to leave. Then if you don't your in the wrong. To say the sign has no weight is wrong. the sign as placed by the owner of a private business is worth it's weight in the law. I'd hate for someone to be arrested for trying to fight that.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    All of the "R-Us" stores are posted like this. I didn't notice the signs at the Babies-R-Us for MONTHS, and OC-ed in there tons.

Yet, they sell plenty of TOY guns, army men, etc.... don't they.

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    Rolex is right. They do have the right to say no firearms. Although I believe i should be able to carry anywhere i please. If they have it posted and you disobey it, you can get in trouble for that. But if you are a robber and you see that sign it is just an invite to come in and rob the place because you know that the law abiding citizens that carry are going to obey it. So it is just another safe hit spot for a robber. I will no longer shop there. I will not support a business that denies us our rights.

RiverParker

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    My god it's amazing how childish and petty you guys are. Crying because you can't carry your gun in a childrens toy store. Astounding!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Till they see you and ask you to leave. Then if you don't your in the wrong. To say the sign has no weight is wrong. the sign as placed by the owner of a private business is worth it's weight in the law. I'd hate for someone to be arrested for trying to fight that.

Rolex is right. They do have the right to say no firearms. Although I believe i should be able to carry anywhere i please. If they have it posted and you disobey it, you can get in trouble for that. But if you are a robber and you see that sign it is just an invite to come in and rob the place because you know that the law abiding citizens that carry are going to obey it. So it is just another safe hit spot for a robber. I will no longer shop there. I will not support a business that denies us our rights.
    Wow. Two people that are wrong. If your "concealed" firearm is seen, then you weren't concealing very well. The sign means nothing. As we have discussed many times here on INGO, signs carry no weight of law. If you think they do then you're wrong. If any business asks you to leave then you have to leave. Their reason doesn't matter. You'd be trespassing. Until you're asked to leave, though that sign means nothing. If you DO think signs have weight of law in Indiana I'd love to see the IC cited here to prove us all wrong.

Last edited:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Just like no shoes no shirt no service laws, there aren't any. You go into a store that says you must wear shoes and they can't have you charged and arrested because there is no law against it, but they can ask you to leave. At this point if you refuse to leave it is trespassing and you can be arrested for that. I ignore the signs and just don't bring it up if I feel a need to be where the signs are. If they ever see my gun somehow and ask me to leave, I will leave. It's not a matter of why would you carry in any specific place, it is a matter of why would I feel a need to change my daily practice of carrying everywhere and disarm just to go into a certain place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My god it's amazing how childish and petty you guys are. Crying because you can't carry your gun in a childrens toy store. Astounding!

You're missing the point. Speaking for myself, and I think for many others, these discussions are to notify other gun owners of establishments that are not "gun friendly". And with that information, one can decide if they wish to patronize such establishments.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I was arrested at the movie theater for bringing in my own can of Pepsi, they had a No Outside Food sign posted, and a plain clothes officer was sitting next to me.:cool:

Thanks for the information OP

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I was arrested at the movie theater for bringing in my own can of Pepsi, they had a No Outside Food sign posted, and a plain clothes officer was sitting next to me.:cool:

Thanks for the information OP

You can be arrested for anything, but were you charged and convicted by the court system? Is there a law against possession of Pepsi inside a theater?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wow. Two people that are wrong. If your "concealed" firearm is seen, then you weren't concealing very well. The sign means nothing. As we have discussed many times here on INGO, signs carry no weight of law. If you think they do then you're wrong. If any business asks you to leave then you have to leave. Their reason doesn't matter. You'd be trespassing. Until you're asked to leave, though that sign means nothing. If you DO think signs have weight of law in Indiana I'd love to see the IC cited here to prove us all wrong.
    This!
    I shop there all too frequently. I conceal when I do.
    I breathe a sigh of relief that a 5 yr old girl didn't disarm me while there.

Top Bottom