• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvolz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Brookville
    I know there is prob. a thread here somewhere about this, but I failed to find it. I'm not really new here, I just don't post much. I mainly just read the vast knowledge here Lol. Can anyone shed any light on the issue of no gun signs? Is there any legal strength to these or just for looks? Thanks for any info.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Assuming you are referring to Indiana, all of the above are true. In some states (IL for example), no gun signs in formats provided for in state law are enforceable by law. It's good practice to know the law in other states if you're going to carry there. Handgunlaw.us is a good source.

mvolz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Brookville
    Assuming you are referring to Indiana, all of the above are true. In some states (IL for example), no gun signs in formats provided for in state law are enforceable by law. It's good practice to know the law in other states if you're going to carry there. Handgunlaw.us is a good source.

Yes i am referring to Indiana, thanks. Just wasn't sure about the signs being they're not noted in the Indiana laws.

Edit: Ahh, i see it in your link Mark 1911. Thanks!

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've trained myself to have selective vision when it comes to "no guns" signs in any place that won't get me arrested. After carrying regularly for a number of years one thing I've determined is almost nobody pays enough to attention to ever notice a gun even when carried open but especially when carried concealed. Thus, I've never once been found out and asked to leave the mall, restaurant, store, etc. As has been said, most places the worst that happens is they ask you to leave and you politely comply ("oh no guns? I'm sorry, was there a sign?..."). Don't take it to a government building, I believe it's a felony? At least I've been told carrying in the post office is a felony by one of my shade tree lawyers.

paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    Speaking 'hypothetically" here. Store has a sign no dogs allowed. You bring your dog in .The owner asks you to leave. Store owner has some rights. The sign outside is not a decoration it's telling you they don't want you carrying inside. Hey, we live in a society with people who don't feel comfortable with people carrying sidearms. You do have choices .Leave it in the car or go somewhere else.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Speaking 'hypothetically" here. Store has a sign no dogs allowed. You bring your dog in .The owner asks you to leave. Store owner has some rights. The sign outside is not a decoration it's telling you they don't want you carrying inside. Hey, we live in a society with people who don't feel comfortable with people carrying sidearms. You do have choices .Leave it in the car or go somewhere else.

I choose to carry my firearm regardless if they have a sign or not. I don't have to leave it in my car. Although I try to avoid places that have policies against carrying.

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    If i am carrying concealed and doing so correctly and happen to go somewhere that has it posted, i am just a little more aware of my posture and reaching techniques.

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area

Actually... They can say no PETS. They cannot deny service animals, and god forbid someone walk up and ask some fatty on a scooter if the ****zu sitting in the basket is a service animal. You'd get sued in a heartbeat. I worked for an $80 Billion a year retail store for a good while , and they flat out told us, "The door stickers are there to suggest that people abide our rules. We can't force anyone. We don't need a lawsuit".

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Taking the moral high ground I see, that's fine, I take the no harm no foul approach. What the store owner doesn't know doesn't bother the store owner. Besides, most dogs are much more difficult to carry concealed.

paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    Like the comment about the concealed dog:) I'm assuming it is a Mauser. It was only a hypothetical situation. Nothing against dogs. Could as well have been "no shirt,no shoes,no service". My point is just go somewhere else. We talk about our freedoms,we have to respect others also. The chances of you having to draw and use your weapon while shopping at Victoria's Secret is probably slim to none

Top Bottom