• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the market ebbs and flows. I'm not a poly fan, so my .40 is a CZ 40P, all steel and aluminum. It's an awesome fun gun to shoot. After shooting a buddy's H&K compact in .357 sig, I think I'm going to pick up a P229 Legion in .357 sig sometime soon and drop a .40 barrel in it for the range. I love shooting both 9mm and .45, but .357 sig and .40 are a lot of fun too :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still have 3 .40's. I sold the G22 because of some of the well known issues with them back a few years ago.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't imagine why people would be selling their Glock fotays...:dunno:

glock02_zps1dnewca8.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    FWIW, there seems to be quite a few police trade in .40's available right now at the 1500 from a number of different manufacturer's.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    FWIW, there seems to be quite a few police trade in .40's available right now at the 1500 from a number of different manufacturer's.
    I'm not a Glock guy at all. But, the G22 is a fine gun and I wouldn't mind having one.

I would just have to store it in the garage where no one could see it. ;)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I still have 3 .40's. I sold the G22 because of some of the well known issues with them back a few years ago.

What issues are you referring too?

Funny on the KB issue, out of all the 40 all the KB's seem to be from civilian shooters. Several Federal agencies use them and have had very little issues and I'm not aware of any KB's with the LE guns and I frequent FLETC in Brunswick GA on their ranges every so often.

Biggest problem is reloaders try and get 4,5 or more loadings out of the same case and with that Glock budge making it weaker Everytime especially with the higher pressure 40 will brew some trouble trouble.

Like the 357 the 40 might look like it's loosing some popularity but it will be around for a long time and is a good round just not maybe for everyone because even 26 years after the 40 hit the ground running some haters still gonna hate LOL

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What issues are you referring too?

Funny on the KB issue, out of all the 40 all the KB's seem to be from civilian shooters. Several Federal agencies use them and have had very little issues and I'm not aware of any KB's with the LE guns and I frequent FLETC in Brunswick GA on their ranges every so often.

Biggest problem is reloaders try and get 4,5 or more loadings out of the same case and with that Glock budge making it weaker Everytime especially with the higher pressure 40 will brew some trouble trouble.

Like the 357 the 40 might look like it's loosing some popularity but it will be around for a long time and is a good round just not maybe for everyone because even 26 years after the 40 hit the ground running some haters still gonna hate LOL
    You also had the function issues when a light was mounted. Seems like there were another few.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe they're for sale because they're Glocks, not because they're fo-tays? They're are always a ton of Glocks for sale in almost every model, which I'm sure has nothing to do with them being ugly as sin and feeling like they were made in a 3D printer

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I only know why I bought a .40 S&W way back when and why I no longer own one. Bullets and widespread concealed carry permits.

9 mm SD rounds back in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's were sub-par. Actually, so were the 40's, but the extra "punch" made up for it. Now, there are lots of great 9 mm SD rounds that perform reliably for most civilian SD situations. Throw in that the target ammo matches the POI of the SD round (something I could never do with the old 147 Hydra-shocks) and that they shot well in the sub-compacts that used to be only .380 or lighter, and there is very little reason to have more expensive .40 ammo.

I still like the .40 in a full size, I really liked my Beretta 96, but I like buying (and shooting) my 9mm by the 1,000 better.

Enough individual shooters and LE Organizations have made the same decisions that there are plenty of used .40's around, especially in the popular Glocks. Simple supply and demand.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I personally enjoy my glock 23. It is fun to shoot and quite accurate. With a few precautions while reloading, I believe I will be able to shoot 1000's of rounds through it. Granted it is a gen 4 so it is much better than earlier models in regards to the barrel.

Top Bottom