• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They weren't indicted for being conservatives and they were actually indicted for NOT telling the truth. That's where the tampering comes in.

Had they been trying to expose who knew what about the water in Flint, MI using the same techniques, do you think they get indicted?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not everyone the prosecutor wants indicted gets indicted, but NO ONE gets indicted unless the prosecutor wants them to.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice precedent, so when are Chris Hansen and all of dateline's producers going to be charged with attempted child sex trafficking?

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    True, but an indictment doesn't mean they did. Selective prosecution based upon political viewpoint is most assuredly wrong.

Well it was a grand jury that issued the indictment. And an indictment is just a formal accusation, not a guarantee of prosecution.

The point I was trying to make with this post was two-fold. One; I wanted to make sure people around here that hadn't seen it could read it. I saw a couple threads going on and on about how PP is some evil organization that cuts the babies out of women's stomachs with a butcher knife, but nothing about the fact that they were later found innocent of any wrongdoing. Two; This isn't a prosecutor deciding who do indict based on politics. This was a grand jury decision, which means a group of citizens looked and the evidence and not only decided that PP did nothing wrong, but that the accusers in this case's actions were so deceitful that they were criminal. And remember, this is in Texas, which is probably the most pro-life state in the country, so for these people to come to this decision tells me that the evidence must have been overwhelming.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Sushhhhhhhhhh.... Or your going to upset the Sacred Donkey Cart..
    Evidence and breaking the law is irrelevant...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well it was a grand jury that issued the indictment. And an indictment is just a formal accusation, not a guarantee of prosecution.

The point I was trying to make with this post was two-fold. One; I wanted to make sure people around here that hadn't seen it could read it. I saw a couple threads going on and on about how PP is some evil organization that cuts the babies out of women's stomachs with a butcher knife, but nothing about the fact that they were later found innocent of any wrongdoing. Two; This isn't a prosecutor deciding who do indict based on politics. This was a grand jury decision, which means a group of citizens looked and the evidence and not only decided that PP did nothing wrong, but that the accusers in this case's actions were so deceitful that they were criminal. And remember, this is in Texas, which is probably the most pro-life state in the country, so for these people to come to this decision tells me that the evidence must have been overwhelming.

You're under the impression that a grand jury is not guided by the prosecution and the prosecution doesn't present recommendations?

Abortion is legal....and that was never an issue. The issue was illegal sale of fetal tissue. That a grand jury did not indict means only that it does not believe a law was broken. Fine. That does not change what the PP people talked about on camera.

if the people that made the videos broke the law, maybe they should be prosecuted. There is no law that every possible violation must be presented to a grand jury or prosecuted.

Even if they are convicted, what they did was still not necessarily wrong. The criminal law does not define morality. Abortion can still be immoral, but legal. Certain techniques exposing the ghoulish business of PP may be illegal, but not immoral.

To me, what the grand jury did is irrelevant to what was accomplished. The PP people explained to us just who they are.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Wow, nothing like a bit of hyperbole.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    You're under the impression that a grand jury is not guided by the prosecution and the prosecution doesn't present recommendations?

Abortion is legal....and that was never an issue. The issue was illegal sale of fetal tissue. That a grand jury did not indict means only that it does not believe a law was broken. Fine. That does not change what the PP people talked about on camera.

if the people that made the videos broke the law, maybe they should be prosecuted. There is no law that every possible violation must be presented to a grand jury or prosecuted.

Even if they are convicted, what they did was still not necessarily wrong. The criminal law does not define morality. Abortion can still be immoral, but legal. Certain techniques exposing the ghoulish business of PP may be illegal, but not immoral.

To me, what the grand jury did is irrelevant to what was accomplished. The PP people explained to us just who they are.

I agree that the damage is already done, which is a shame. But did you not read the part where the guy who made this video was buying and selling human organs? As in, he was doing exactly what they were trying to accuse PP of doing? How is that somehow more moral than what PP does?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I agree that the damage is already done, which is a shame. But did you not read the part where the guy who made this video was buying and selling human organs? As in, he was doing exactly what they were trying to accuse PP of doing? How is that somehow more moral than what PP does?

I heard undercover police pose as drug buyers, DEA as well...PETA folks pose as employees of a slaughter plant...Isn't the point of an undercover sting to kind of be...Undercover?

Plus you have to realize that some folks think that killing a child based upon the child's geographic location, i.e. in the womb vs out of the womb is morally repugnent..That and the fact that Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood was a racist, promoter of Eugenics, and attended KKK meetings (the wive's meetings) to promote eugenics among minority communities....They are not a very good group no matter what the Hollywood/Media may tell you...A bit of a checkered past so to speak...

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

The video proved that PP was, in fact, selling body parts from aborted fetuses. They "donated" the body parts and in return those receiving said parts would make a "donation".

Top Bottom