• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Surely I am not the only one who has this problem, but things always seem to hit the fan when I am at work. Yesterday was no different. About 3 p.m. our driveway alarms started sounding multiple times. Our oldest looked accross the lake to see what all the commotion was. My wife asked her who was here. My oldest told her that a swat team was here; no, it was two swat teams, the state police, a Humvee, 4 wheelers and more. My wife told her to quit joking and tell her who was here. She realized it was no joke when our second oldest came running inside yelling the same thing. My wife wondered what kind of trouble I had gotten them into when she went outside and two helocopters where hovering overhead. Guys in camo came jogging out of the woods, it seemed to be heading south rapidly. My oldest called me at work to describe what was going on. Talk about a sick feeling. None of this made any sense. It makes a turn for the better now. The Humvee was piled high with confiscated contraband. The helo's had spotted more on adjoining forest land behind us. They needed access. Whew! They LEO's were very professional, and courtious, and we are glad to see them out doing what needs to be done. That being said, I must pass this along. My wife has this to say, "If anyone thinks for a second that they can defend themselves against an assualt like this, they are only fooling themselves." All is well that ends well, we learned something today, and I just thought I would pass this experience along. All my best to those who put themselves in harms way for our benefit.

Top Bottom