• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    At all the Fort Wayne gun/knife shows I attended at the Coliseum there was a Fort Wayne Police Dept officer seated at a table putting zip-ties on all guns coming into the Expo hall.

same with EVERY gun show ive ever been to. IL, In and FL...

i wouldnt want most of the gun show commandos :rolleyes: ive seen at shows to have a loaded weapon...... i wouldnt trust them with a slingshot

but thats just me.

i mostly keep my distance from gun shows and swap meets, really got tired of screaming kids and moms trying to push a double wide jogging stroller through the show while sitting a starbucks double frappachino latte.....

:cheers:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    giphy.gif

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    some mensa candidate at a show here in Evansville torched off a round into the wall (the show's held at the national guard armory) and sent a chunk of the wall into a kids leg.

he was loading his gun on the way out, now the policy is no loaded magazines in the show!

sometimes I think we're our own worst enemy!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So when the next law/rule does not work what should we do next? I know, let’s just ban all guns at gun shows. Problem solved. At the end of the day you cannot fix stupid no matter what law/rule you have in place. But I know, we got to do something it’s for the children.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    some mensa candidate at a show here in Evansville torched off a round into the wall (the show's held at the national guard armory) and sent a chunk of the wall into a kids leg.

he was loading his gun on the way out, now the policy is no loaded magazines in the show!

sometimes I think we're our own worst enemy!

Well, the good news is that the Marion County fairgrounds show only restricted loaded firearms and loaded clips, so magazines were fine. (wish I'd taken a picture)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Do those that ignore ones rules with others personal property rights have rules for there personal property rights that they uphold?

Asking for a friend....

I just don't go to gun shows. I'm not really into collectible type of stuff, and can get what I'm after at the LGS or online.

Just never been interested in paying to park, and then standing in line, and being disarmed just to potentially buy something with a crowd. There are too many other options, IMO.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Well, the good news is that the Marion County fairgrounds show only restricted loaded firearms and loaded clips, so magazines were fine. (wish I'd taken a picture)

That's funny stuff right there!
    I agree with the policy of no loaded weapons at the show. Too many people around, police all over, no real need. I usually just secure mine in the car anyways. I would rather do that than have to unload the gun AND magazine, then get a zip strip put on the pistol. The 1500's policy for awhile was no loaded mags, dunno if it still is as I have not been in several years. I go to the Sharonville Gun show in nearby Cincinnati occasionally, they have just a no loaded weapons policy with the zip strip, but mags are good. I still just usually secure it in the vehicle.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Noticed the IAC changed for the State Fairgrounds as well. No weapons AT ALL unless they are for sale or trade at an event. So, you cannot carry AT ALL for ANY EVENT, unless you intend to sell it. Firearms must be locked in a vehicle otherwise, or they will be confiscated and you ejected.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/T00800/A00110.PDF?

Looks like they added these restrictions in 2016.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Noticed the IAC changed for the State Fairgrounds as well. No weapons AT ALL unless they are for sale or trade at an event. So, you cannot carry AT ALL for ANY EVENT, unless you intend to sell it. Firearms must be locked in a vehicle otherwise, or they will be confiscated and you ejected.

(b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds, unless
    that person can demonstrate that the deadly weapon is intended for sale or trade at an event that is taking place on the fairgrounds.

So do I just need to print a WTS ad from INGO for the specific firearm and keep it on my person then?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So do I just need to print a WTS ad from INGO for the specific firearm and keep it on my person then?

They don't consider a knife a deadly weapon?.. I don't go anywhere unarmed and I NEVER use what I'm carrying for "show and tell".
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

That's pretty bold of them to say they will illegally assault you and steal your property. I'd pay to see them do that.... or at least attempt to. :rolleyes:

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Some years ago Bob Cheek of Plainfield Shooting Supply was set up an Indy show (Stout Field, I think, may have been the 1500). Someone asked him about a specific Glock he had on the table. Bob picked it up, pointed it at the ceiling and thought he was going to dry fire it. The "customer" had put a live round in the chamber and promptly disappeared in the confusion after the round went off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bob was an idiot!!!!

That is a dumb *** way to clear a gun

I might argue that he still is. As I recall the story, he left his personal iphone laying out on the counter within reach of any rando customer that walked up. He walked away and when he returned his phone was gone, pilfered by some customer presumably. I feel for him, but it was a stupid move. (In fairness, I too have done equally stupid things) Next thing you know he has a sign posted that says no hoodies and you cant put your hands in your pockets in his store. Really? I cant put my hands in my pockets as I browse? SMH. I feel for his loss, but his reaction was a bit over the top.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bob was an idiot!!!!

That is a dumb *** way to clear a gun

I might argue that he still is. As I recall the story, he left his personal iphone laying out on the counter within reach of any rando customer that walked up. He walked away and when he returned his phone was gone, pilfered by some customer presumably. I feel for him, but it was a stupid move. (In fairness, I too have done equally stupid things) Next thing you know he has a sign posted that says no hoodies and you cant put your hands in your pockets in his store. Really? I cant put my hands in my pockets as I browse? SMH. I feel for his loss, but his reaction was a bit over the top.

I'm sorry I made a mistake the first post, Bob is a dumb ***!!! If he is an INGO member I am not calling out an INGO member I am calling out a Dumb ***!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I worked gunshows for 10 years in the 1990s. Even back then CCW was not permitted in any halls we ever set up in. The reason is it is a requirement of the insurance contractors for the show promoters. That's all. I always thought that it was hilarious that there were always a couple of cops at a table at the door checking customer's weapons to make sure they were unloaded. And then you walk into the gun show where there are hundreds of dealers selling....ammunition. Only somebody with a college degree could come up with something that stupid. Every dealer that I knew at those shows had a concealed weapon on them and I assure you they were loaded. Everyone behind our tables was armed. We had a nutcase at a show grab an AR and try to run out of the hall with it. He never made it to the door. Not even close. No, he wasn't shot but he was tackled and put down hard by a large group of very pissed off dealers. The cops who took him away could not stop laughing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    It's usually just to keep people from having negligent discharges. You get some people talking and one guy wants to show off his concealed carry piece so he pulls it out and hands it to someone else who then decides they want to see what the trigger feels like and doesnt realize its loaded and blam. It's usually just up to the honor system though, I've never seen anyone have metal detectors or anything.

Top Bottom