• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    My wife has not got a LTCH. If she is home alone at night and a scumbag breaks in to the house she can use my gun to defend herself and our children right? She has handgun training and knows how to use all of the pistols in the house, will begin long gun training this summer.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My wife has not got a LTCH. If she is home alone at night and a scumbag breaks in to the house she can use my gun to defend herself and our children right? She has handgun training and knows how to use all of the pistols in the house, will begin long gun training this summer.

You do not need a license to own, just a license to carry. As long as she stays on your property, she has a right to defend herself if a situation as such were to arise.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I see your location is listed as Brooklyn. Is your wife in Indiana or NY? Makes a big difference in the applicable laws.

Assuming she is in Indiana and she is a "proper person" (not restricted from gun ownership), then yes she can use a gun within the house to protect herself and family. Proper training is at least as important as actually having the gun, so that part is good to hear.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I see your location is listed as Brooklyn. Is your wife in Indiana or NY? Makes a big difference in the applicable laws.

Assuming she is in Indiana and she is a "proper person" (not restricted from gun ownership), then yes she can use a gun within the house to protect herself and family. Proper training is at least as important as actually having the gun, so that part is good to hear.

Brooklyn, IN - Google Maps
    ;)

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Yea umm Brooklyn Indiana is a speck on the map in Morgan County just south of Mooresville. And yes she is a "proper person" held jobs like 911 dispatcher, IDACS operator, etc... LE support jobs, passed all her background checks. In fact she has had a LTCH, but it expired before we got together and she never renewed. Will continue to teach her and encourage her maybe one day she will go get her lifetime app started.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

You do not need a license to own, just a license to carry. As long as she stays on your property, she has a right to defend herself if a situation as such were to arise.
    ^^This.

However, if she is ever with you somewhere that you exit the car without your gun or she takes your car that has a handgun in it, she is in violation of the law.

I would suggest she get the license and be covered. In a home that has handguns in it, every adult who is a proper person should have the license and EVERYONE of any age should know what to do with a found gun: Adults should know how to unload it and put it away safely, children should know to "Stop! Don't touch! Leave the area, and Tell an adult." (Eddie Eagle rules)

It is up to the parent(s) to decide when the child should learn how to safely unload and put it away, and when they should have access to the safe, based on the child's maturity level and sense of responsibility, as well as his/her understanding of firearm safety.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom