• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I just paid the last bit of my wife an I's credit card debt off!!! The cars on next on the list.

This is a nice feeling!!! :rockwoot::ar15::rockwoot:

This day and age, being out of debt is completely out of the norm. I did this several years ago and I wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

It's easy to get a plan to get rid of debt, it's the discipline people have issues with. Treat yourself and your wife to a NICE dinner for your success!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I just paid the last bit of my wife an I's credit card debt off!!! The cars on next on the list.

Congratulations!!!

Are you using a plan or listening to my guy Dave (see below) or just exercising discipline and remembering what our parents/grandparents taught us about the differences between "wants and needs"?

I have a VERY simple excel spreadsheet I put together, I use the "envelope system" similar to what my grandparents used to do.

X Goes here
    Y goes here

Save the rest!

Yep, envelope system works GREAT! That's one that was a big game changer for me.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

Smart move!!!:D
    We filled in the bottomless "Credit Card pit" fifteen years ago.
    Except for the house and cars we either pay cash or wait until we can. :yesway:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    It's easy to get a plan to get rid of debt, it's the discipline people have issues with. !

I totally agree. We started all gung ho about it, and stayed motivated paying off all of the little debt, once you get to the big debt and it doesn't fall off right away you get a bit frustrated. :noway:

Fell off the "baby steps" wagon a couple times. Makes it harder to get back on but I know it will be worth it for anyone that does. :yesway:

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Congrats.
    I plan to be CC debt free by Feb next year, and have the car payed off by Nov after that.

I have an excel spreadsheet tracking all my debt and i find that helps out quit a bit.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Dude, that's awesome! Congrats!!!

As it is, we just paid off our credit card and medical debt as well! It's an awesome feeling! We are both unemployed and my last incentive check from my ex-employer was just enough to pay off all but the car and the mortgage.

Now if we can find jobs...

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Congrats man, I can imagine that having no debt has to be an amazing feeling.

I finally got rid of my student loans so next on my list is CC cards. With any luck by late July I will be in your place. Oh college why did you hurt my finances so. Been so long I think I forgot what having real savings is like. I tried the spreadsheet method, but never could get behind it, im more of a visual guy, so I go with mint.com. Not entirely happy having all my banking/cc details on a single website, but its really helped kill the credit monster.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I use my credit card for almost all purchases so it's never really paid off.
    But it never has more than a few hundred on it.
    Car loans? not for a while now.
    Just the mortgage.

Top Bottom