• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We paid off the last of our credit cards last year. One of our two vehicles will be paid off in the next two months, with the other following soon after. That will just leave our mortgage, which we'll be able to almost double-up on to get it paid off early.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Just wait till you pay off your mortgage! Oh, what a feeling.:rockwoot: With that, and paying off any credit purchases each month, things are much easier. The card companies hate me. I'm lovin' it. :D

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I'll start by saying I am not a financial expert, with that out of the way I will state that there is good debt and bad debt. Unless you have enough cash to pay for everything you'll ever need in your whole life with cash, most people should keep a line of credit just to prove you are a good risk to loan to. Credit card debt is definitely bad debt, and for paying all of it off I say a big CONGRATULATIONS! :yesway:

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling to get the debt off your back isn't it? We paid off our credit cards and vehicles last year. Now we are down to our student loans and the house. We should be debt free except for the house by this time next year. Keep up the good work!

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    Good job! But I want to warn you, all cars have sensor that detects that the car is paid off that triggers a major repair :D

Taking mine in to get the transmission worked on tomorrow ( still cheaper than a car payment though!!)

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    good job. I haven't had a credit card in about 11 years now. I pay cash for cars & only have the mortgage. do you know how much of a discount doctors give when you pay cash!!!!! There is no such thing as good debt IMO.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I am not too concerned with paying off the mortgage because we are only planning on staying here for a few more years. We plan on getting out of the city and into the country.

Now the student loans are another story... I need to make a plan and get them paid off!

As for the credit cards... I will use them a few times throughout the year to keep the line open. It has help with getting great rates on car loans and a home loan. The key to the credit cards is to make sure and pay them off each time they are used!!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I'm on the congratulations bandwagon as well.

Our only debt today is the house. I paid for my four years of college on student loans and paid that off ASAP. My wife came with student loans as well, but we just finished paying those off. WHEW!!!

I've never carried credit card debt, but all expenses run through there. Just keep track and pay it off every month. The credit card companies send me checks several times a year for a couple hundred bucks. Love those cashback rewards!!!

Top Bottom