• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    My husband wrecked his dirtbike on my in-laws place about 5 yrs ago. We made the mistake of telling the E.R. the location of the wreck. Our insurance company got ahold of that information and sent us multiple papers attempting to force us to sue my in-laws. While they cannot force you to sue, they can decide NOT to COVER the FEES of any accident. We did not sue my in-laws but we sure did learn a lesson about insurance companies.

This "new liability" form will not help anyone. The landowner is assuming a huge risk by allowing anyone to come onto their property for ANY reason. A lawyer can take that form and turn it into a nightmare for a property owner, say there was a dip in the land and the hunter tripped and shot himself (walking with a loaded gun) the lawyer could make a case that the property owner did not warn the hunter of such a dangerous spot on the property. If the hunter is not able to get his insurance company to pay for any costs with any accidents, and is forced to choose between medical bills that are huge and paying for his own house and bills................what do you think he or she is going to do? They will let their insurance sue landowner's insurance. Good possibility that the landowner's insurance will drop the landowner's coverage after that. And no piece of paper is going to stop this.
    Unless we get better insurance lawsuit regulations.

its not a new law , its been a law for a few years now

the land owner is 100% released from any liabilty if he allows you to hunt, trap or fish, this is Indiana law period , no form to sign period
    screw the lawyers they can try and fight it all they want but it wont happen! PERIOD!

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    SUBROGATION. I went through this with a fall from a treestand a few years ago. Insurance sent me a form that I had to fill out or risk them not paying the claim that allowed them to look for other responsible parties to satisfy the claim. The landowner in this case. I got by with being pretty vague but the insurance company has 7 years to review the case and take back the payments! How about that for holding all the cards!

Top Bottom