• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We can always count on Republicans to stand up when they know nothing will happen, for things that are only red meat to the voters they hope will get them to polls in November.

If anything does happen it will open the door to adjust the tax to account for inflation. Instead of $200, when all is said and done, it will now be $5000.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Increasing the tax, but opening the registry again would be a money maker for Uncle Sam, hence it will never happen.

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    Won't happen, rule number 1 of government, you don't touch government revenue. I wish i could be more optimistic about this, but honestly not happening. You won't ever convince the other side and republicans/conservatives will never be able to coalition into a big enough block to do it, too many turn coats and people who aren't actually republicans.
    I was perusing around in curiosity and there are just so many regulations around 'nfa items' that it'll give you carpal tunnel from all the paperwork you gotta sign and it'll kill your goldfish before you even get the paperwork approved.
    There's too much riding on this for the other side for it to pass, if it passes there's precedent to go after more 'regulations', read "hoops", that the NFA puts on us.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Repeal the Hughes amendment, that made manufacturing of full auto gun illegal to civilians! The $200 transfer tax, now is a drop in the bucket compared to the $10, $20, and $30,000 dollars for a full auto weapon, hell I can afford $200, it's the freaking $10,000+ for a MAC 10 I can't afford! At one time in the 80's a semi auto AR-15 was around $800-900, but a full auto was about $600 plus transfer tax ($200)

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    Repeal the Hughes amendment, that made manufacturing of full auto gun illegal to civilians! The $200 transfer tax, now is a drop in the bucket compared to the $10, $20, and $30,000 dollars for a full auto weapon, hell I can afford $200, it's the freaking $10,000+ for a MAC 10 I can't afford! At one time in the 80's a semi auto AR-15 was around $800-900, but a full auto was about $600 plus transfer tax ($200)
    All you gotta do is look at gunbroker class 3 firearms and then sort high to low lol.
    Even if i had enough money for a full auto gun... which i may eventually, i can't even own the damn thing because i need a special ffl license to, and on top of that, the license itself costs 3000 to get and you have to renew it every 3 years.
    Yay government.

My favorite fun fact is that, if you want a P90 with the original short barrel, you gotta get a special stamp, wait 13 months at worst and until then it has to stay with the seller.
    Or, you can just buy a regular P90, apply for the stamp to 'create' a SBR and you get it super quick, swap out the barrel, get it engraved and boom.
    It makes no sense, surely buying one should be simpler than getting a stamp to create it?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Never get 2/3 vote in both houses to override POTUS Veto . . . and that's if, by Divine Intervention, it not only made it to the Senate Floor for a vote, it passed there with the 60 Vote Cloture Rule. This is more Swamp Virtue Signaling to House of Rep constituents.

The alternative is to embed it in an omnibus appropriation bill considered critical and ram it through -- but there are too many GOP swamp cowards in the House that won't use that tactic.

Top Bottom