• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Just curious if the gun-buying public takes their foot off the gas on buying new guns now that it looks like, at least in theory, that we won't have any major national gun control legislation for the next two years.

I'll be interested to see November's NICS numbers.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I imagine there will be a drop off. I hope it remains pretty strong though. The more diverse a crowd legally own the safer our rights are.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I believe people will buy what, for the last 12 years, they have been afraid to "waste money on" if "X" happens or "Y" gets elected

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think there will be a slow down on some stuff. I have enough ammo and reloading components to last me for many years.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I can't wait until it gets a little later in the day... I have a colleague that decided it was a good idea to start buying AR's en-mass at a little higher than retail.

Maybe I can get another one for half price Trump sale!

Didn't buy anything that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Firearm companies have enjoyed record sales for a few years now, what is this going to mean for them? Lower prices? Cheaper made products? Just thinking out loud.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Barring another mass shooting, I think AR sales will take a big dive...By now I would think that everyone who wanted an AR, bought one already to prepare for an HRC Presidency...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Barring another mass shooting, I think AR sales will take a big dive...By now I would think that everyone who wanted an AR, bought one already to prepare for an HRC Presidency...
    I would like to sell several and get a Larue now...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Didn't buy anything that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Same here. I have some ammo and reloading components but not much and not as much as I ultimately want. Hopefully now I can continue to build my inventory to goal levels without extreme spikes in prices or shortages.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Same here. I have some ammo and reloading components but not much and not as much as I ultimately want. Hopefully now I can continue to build my inventory to goal levels without extreme spikes in prices or shortages.

Exact same boat here. I don't have the spare cash flow to just buy whatever I want when I want it so building up enough to be safe from panic induced droughts will take a while. I'm glad to have a couple more years to work on it before things get rough again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Maybe now our CCP be excepted in every state just like our drivers license.
    also maybe we can get rid of the $200.00 Silencer fee and paperwork.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, the only "extra" items I purchased was a couple of AR lowers ~ already had one or two stored... In my mind the greatest effect of the election is that Trump will be selecting a Supreme court judge (or possibly 2 or 3 before his term is over). I feel sure that whoever is appointed will support the second amendment so doubt any anti gun federal laws will be passed. Might be that some of Commiefornia and NY and other commie states may have some of their restrictions challenged in court, sure hope so.

I do hope some of the parts for the AR's become cheaper and more available, only thing other than lower parts I have purchased is one barrel at the last gun show in Lafayette.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I don't think the record gun sales are primarily due to "gun people" buying a few more in anticipation of a ban. I'm sure it contributes some, but there a lot of people who are buying their first carry gun or bedroom gun, or even first AR because they see the crime in the news and have realized that they need to protect themselves.

I personally know a dozen or so people who have purchased their first defensive firearms in the last 18-24 months. Some of them had an old .22 or even a shotgun for deer, but didn't shoot 100 rounds a year. Now they practice/train once a month. Those people talk to their circle of friends and family and cycle continues

Unless crime drops, or at least the reporting dies down, I see sales staying steady until we reach a saturation point in the population.

Top Bottom