• ...and so much more!
  • buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    a6bf9e771015ac4d38485d041dc58378_zpsd45c54d9.jpg

Snagged one home today!:D

Now the fun begins....RMR, stippling, a little trim here...a little trim there, slide serrations, etc.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    G19s were hard to get before the panic, I remember when I got mine there was a police officer standing next to me at the counter while I was checking it out. He said "I'd like to see that 19 when he (me) is done with it" so I had a decision to make immediately....so I bought it as it was the only one the store had. Now the G23 is just as bad. I try to get one and every time I see one its gone before I can even think "Hey I want that"

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I got lucky and managed to find a brand new G19 at Trading Post about a 3 weeks ago. It's a great gun and if you can find one don't hesitate, just go for it, you definitely won't regret it. Now to just find ammo......

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    G19s were hard to get before the panic, I remember when I got mine there was a police officer standing next to me at the counter while I was checking it out. He said "I'd like to see that 19 when he (me) is done with it" so I had a decision to make immediately....so I bought it as it was the only one the store had. Now the G23 is just as bad. I try to get one and every time I see one its gone before I can even think "Hey I want that"

Too funny. Usually, I found myself being the second person in line awaiting to have a look at a gun the person in front of me is purchasing.

Congrats! Thinking of joining the Glock brotherhood but struggling with model choice. I'd love to get my hands on a G19. Enjoy!

Yes, I'm hooked. I think a G26 is calling my name next.

I got lucky and managed to find a brand new G19 at Trading Post about a 3 weeks ago. It's a great gun and if you can find one don't hesitate, just go for it, you definitely won't regret it. Now to just find ammo......

It took me over a month of calling and websites searches to find this one. Probably over paid in regular environment but it's well worth it.

Congratulations! The G19 Gen 4 is next on my list.

Thanks.

Sorry...my post count is less than 50...no pm. Someday....

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Who is doing the mill work?

Considering One Source Tactical (TSD Combat System) or L&M Precision but probably will go with ATEi.....I know the slide serration is not needed with RMR but I can't help it. Love the ATEi slide cut!

From my research, all three are top notch companies and can't go wrong. Do you have any recommendations?

I also need recommendations for stippling, trigger guard trimming and trigger work on the 19. Found several great companies but it's 3+ months wait....any local recommendations?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used Bowie tactical to do my RMR cut. I used fail zero for nickel boron. As far as stippling, Phylodog does it, he's a member here. You have fifteen posts, so you could pm him for a quote. He also had a different company cut his, I can't remember who, but they seemed pretty quick.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Cracks me up reading about guys that bring home a brand new gun and already have plans to spend more than the gun cost to modify it......before even shooting it.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Im doing a RMR for my gen3 sometime soon. Good to see they are coming back around! Now if only the big bore (IE: 45/10mm) would come back and be easier to find!!!

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    I used Bowie tactical to do my RMR cut. I used fail zero for nickel boron. As far as stippling, Phylodog does it, he's a member here. You have fifteen posts, so you could pm him for a quote. He also had a different company cut his, I can't remember who, but they seemed pretty quick.

Yes, I'd forgotten about BTC. Thank you Rookie for all of the great recommendations. That's why I enjoy INGO...because of the great info sharing. I may have to start looking the M&P next.

Cracks me up reading about guys that bring home a brand new gun and already have plans to spend more than the gun cost to modify it......before even shooting it.

Yep, I admit it. I'm the guy that orders multiple watch straps before the actual watch arrives. Stockpiles parts before purchasing the next car. It's a disease. I haven't tested this new gun but have shot several Glocks to find a good match. Don't worry, I'll test it out before voiding the warranty.

Thank you Bigtanker. Amazing work and I love the fact that he's a local guy.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I didn't mean it as a negative remark in any way. More like a smile and shake my head moment.
    Yep, I admit it. I'm the guy that orders multiple watch straps before the actual watch arrives. Stockpiles parts before purchasing the next car. It's a disease. I haven't tested this new gun but have shot several Glocks to find a good match. Don't worry, I'll test it out before voiding the warranty.
    It reminded me of the threads that start out..." I am buying my first AR next month and I need recommendations for a hunting scope, bipod, flashlight, quad rail, buttstock, sling, red dot sight, vertical foregrip, sound suppressor, sling mounts, a laser, and night vision. Does UTG make good stuff?"

The OP doesn't fall into this category, but it still made me laugh. Congratulations on the great purchase!

Top Bottom