• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Falls neatly into the category "there's more than one way to skin a cat".

No cats were injured in the making of this post.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It only applies to guns that would be added to the roster in the future so, yes, it is essentially a freeze on the list of approved guns in CA.

There eventually must come a break-even point where manufacturers will decide, upon proper due diligence, that it no longer makes bottom-line sense for them to jump through the expensive hoop to satisfy the insanity in CA and they will simply abandon the CA market. We may be at that point now.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    Moreover than this just being another Poor legal decision on the part of Khalifornia (not something that's new); but its a Poor legal decision based on Non-Existent, broken, junk technology. Microstamping is complete fiction. How many tax dollars to you think they wasted on this?

~LT

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Moreover than this just being another Poor legal decision on the part of Khalifornia (not something that's new); but its a Poor legal decision based on Non-Existent, broken, junk technology. Microstamping is complete fiction. How many tax dollars to you think they wasted on this?

~LT

That's exactly the point. They know very well the implications of this decision.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It only applies to guns that would be added to the roster in the future so, yes, it is essentially a freeze on the list of approved guns in CA.

There eventually must come a break-even point where manufacturers will decide, upon proper due diligence, that it no longer makes bottom-line sense for them to jump through the expensive hoop to satisfy the insanity in CA and they will simply abandon the CA market. We may be at that point now.

It would be fantastic if ALL gun manufacturers would man up and say no more CA sales.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Easy to be a purist when you are not on the front lines. I would rather have 38 million Americans armed and experienced with something rather than nothing. I would never cede that much to those who would love nothing more than to win.

Once we thought Appleseed would never be able to hold classes in California because of their laws. We had to get people from the state to show us how it could be done and now they have more events than any other state in the country. The spirit there is alive and in the fight.

I want them to fight with all they have because NY, CO and other states are now on the front lines list as well. If our answer is, "Move Out", then really all we are saying is, "RETREAT".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wonder how this will impact law enforcement in CA? I assume they will have a heck of a time purchasing firearms. Even if they are exempt, I would HOPE firearm manufacturers step up and hold them to the same standard (no sales to LE unless regular citizens are included), just like several have done in other states recently.

Back door gun bans... gotta love their ingenuity.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Easy to be a purist when you are not on the front lines. I would rather have 38 million Americans armed and experienced with something rather than nothing. I would never cede that much to those who would love nothing more than to win.

Once we thought Appleseed would never be able to hold classes in California because of their laws. We had to get people from the state to show us how it could be done and now they have more events than any other state in the country. The spirit there is alive and in the fight.

I want them to fight with all they have because NY, CO and other states are now on the front lines list as well. If our answer is, "Move Out", then really all we are saying is, "RETREAT".
    Techres -

I respect your always thoughtful point of view. In this case I agree with you - to a point. As a lifelong Californian who left - about 10 years ago, I know a little whereof I speak.

There are two Californias - One centered around SF, LA and Sacramento, the other around the rest of the state. The second one is FULL of great Constituion loving people who are repeatedly outnumbered and shouted down by the first.

I would argue that we should encourage Californians to "do what you have to do". If you choose to stay - then FIGHT. And they do, as you rightly point out. If you must leave (taxation, over regulation, etc - all of these are reasons why the burden can get too heavy to stay), then leave and vote with your feet.

Both of these are valid responses in the face of this situation. My family had to make this choice. And choose we did.

I would also suggest (and I think your post implies agreement with this) that it would be an incorrect response for folks out here to just write off Californians carte blanc. "They are all a bunch liberal pinko commie kooks" is a very gross over generalization, and incorrect.*** As you correctly point out - the state is FULL of Patriots who have chosen to stand and fight.

***EDIT: In fact it is the same kind of generalization that we condemn when folks like Bloomberg and Hillary and Obama look at Indiana and say it's just a bunch of hayseed, banjo-picking Jethros in fly-over country that are clinging to their guns, religion, etc.

Last edited:

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville

You've got the right idea here sir. When you CAN'T amputate the infected limb, then you've got to fight tooth and nail through blood, sweat, and tears to win. I think it's time to change California, but it's gotten so big lately (too big to fail *ahem AIG *ahem), that we HAVE to start at the top.

We need a president and an administration that has the guts to just start Nuking agencies. "What is YOUR acronym? What do YOU do? Do we need it? No? Nuked..." It's be a 1 term presidency for sure, but with that kind of shaking at the base of the tree, I think we could turn around this dependent attitude. Without it, and I fear we are doomed to failure in the battleground states.

~LT

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    BTW, in case there is confusion, it appears that the roster is frozen to new types and models of guns, not to new all new guns. From what I can see, this means that they can still buy new firearms that are made new, but if a new model releases - Kimber makes a new "long-leg 9mm over under, duo tone stainless and pink" 1911 (Model 1911BDASS2013) then that model cannot enter the registry and be bought there. The older 1911 models can still be made new and sold there as new items.

It is a distinction worth noting. The CA registry is not the same as the Machinegun registry in that one contains models, the other contains specifically serial'd firearms.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would find it fitting for the manufacturers to refuse to sell anything to the state that is not available to everyone.

Top Bottom