• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    If I go to a movie theater and there's a sign that says "No outside food or drink" will I be arrested for trespassing when they catch me eating a bag of M&Ms I bought at the grocery store?

Now do you get it?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm guessing if you OC a bag of M&M's into the theater you'll be told that is not allowed and asked to either get rid of them, or leave. If you then refuse to leave you are trespassing, and could possibly be arrested.

If you CC a bag of M&M's in there no one will know you even have them...

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I'm guessing if you OC a bag of M&M's into the theater you'll be told that is not allowed and asked to either get rid of them, or leave. If you then refuse to leave you are trespassing, and could possibly be arrested.

If you CC a bag of M&M's in there no one will know you even have them...

....but the Peanut M&M's will give away your position.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Will you get arrested if you post "no hunting" all around your property, someone ignores it, and hunts your land anyways?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Carrying around M&Ms is not Constitutionally protected. If I were you, I'd ditch the unprotected M&Ms and carry something Constitutionally protected... Like arms of some sort. Maybe bear ones.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Carrying around M&Ms is not Constitutionally protected. If I were you, I'd ditch the unprotected M&Ms and carry something Constitutionally protected... Like arms of some sort. Maybe bear ones.

resized_philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-humans-have-the-right-to-bear-arms-do-bears-have-the-right-to-human-arms-3e6256.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    In spite of the sign, taking outside food or drink into a theater is NOT a crime in Indiana. So you should not be arrested if you do it as that is not trespassing per Indiana law. The law on trespass is here:

Indiana Code 35-43-2

Since you presumably purchased a ticket you are there lawfully in spite of carrying in food or drink. But say someone takes exception to your having outside food like your M&M's. Since it's private property they can request that you leave since you did not follow their rules and that is their option and depending on their stated or published policy they may or may not offer to refund your ticket. If you leave, peacefully, there is no crime committed and you, again, should not be arrested. If you make a scene, then you may cross a (granted fuzzy) line into criminal trespass and may be subject to arrest. Of course that doesn't mean you're guilty of trespass, just that you were arrested and possibly charged. The court, should it get that far, will sort that out.

In most cases unless you're giving them some OTHER reason to kick you out, I've never seen a theater enforce these policies, but I'm sure there are some a-hole theater employees who think they're some sort of emperor and would do so.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Will you get arrested if you post "no hunting" all around your property, someone ignores it, and hunts your land anyways?

I don't need anybody to hunt my land. I already know where it is, because I posted "no hunting" all around it.

If someone would hunt my keys, we'd be all set & I could get out of here.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I remember once when the wife and I were at a Harry Potter Movie on opening night (I think it was the 1st or second movie, actually) in Bloomington, there was a guy in line ahead of us with a sub from Subway. A footlong sub, in plain view. Manager simply walked by, looked it over and said "Enjoy!" Pretty ballsy to OC a footlong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Don't fall into that trap, that indicates rights are only those listed in the Constitution.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Personally, I don't have a problem with it, OC or CC. However, it's the RELOADS that irk me.

Tearing open the second bag always makes noise. :(

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Don't fall into that trap, that indicates rights are only those listed in the Constitution.

Indeed! How few people know that Article 10 even exists in the Constitution. It says:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

In other words the federal government is intentionally LIMITED in the scope of its power and influence to ONLY those things that the Constitution grants it authority over. But of course that's how the SCOTUS was able to justify upholding ObamaCare. There is NO provision in the Constitution for the federal government to provide or require health care but there is a provision to permit the federal government to levy taxes. So by calling ObamaCare a tax, the SCOTUS saw its way to uphold it. Sadly, however, those on both sides of the aisle in DC who are FOR bigger and badder government, will now know that all they have to do to have anything pass constitutional-muster is make sure it's backed up by a "tax".

Top Bottom