• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    So I love guns, love to shoot guns, and love to obsess over guns. Problem is, I pretty much have nowhere to SHOOT guns. I'm in Martinsville, and the MCC is full, the Paragon CC is full, the club around the Bloomington area is expensive, and the next closest place is Atterbury, 45 minutes away! Anyone else love guns but can't shoot as much as they want to? :ar15::(

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    HNF, closer than Atterbury and Free if you go through the hoops of choosing a smart area on HNF not ACOE or private property away from camp sites (100, or 150 yards, either way distance yourself from people, and have a good back stop (dirt not a dead hardwood log), and don't shoot anything live (plants and animals) and clean up after yourself so we can keep it with this kind of access.

IF you're in Martinsville and willing to drive to Atterbury, then Indy would be just as far and have some options as well I'm sure.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the input! Sorry, but I don't know what HNF and ACOE mean though.

I used to live in SE Indy, and there actually weren't too many places I knew of to shoot. Only place I went to there was Pop Guns, and it was a small indoor pistol range of 5-6 bays.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Don't be a wimp. Atterbury is two hours from me, and I will drive it every weekend to shoot sometimes. :-)

Didn't know it had anything to do with toughness.

Sure, 45 minutes isn't the end of the world, but an hour and a half drive, plus shooting, when I have a wife and kids that want to spend time with me too, isn't the best solution for me.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I sent you a note on Hoosier Hills near nashville, www.hhrp.org,

But I'm with you on one thing too many people on this forum throw out abreviations that nobody knows

I was taught in my english classes in 7th grade that when you use abreviations that you use the complete word or words the first time in a document then you can use the abreviations but the internet, texting and in general english is going down hill

Top Bottom