• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    My brother in law had this happen once when we were shooting. Bang,Bang,pop... I started yelling and he stopped. 124 gr 9mm lodged in the barrel of his P89. I'm glad he didn't pull the trigger again....They were loads that he had put together a few days before. He cautiously shot the rest of the box.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Squib load

I always look into the brass in the loading block to make sure every round has powder before inserting bullets. I always double check.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not to shoot myself in the foot (some pun intended) but here is one thing that can happen

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-discussion/333320-i-get-dufus-day-award.html

I've seen worse...thanks to the internet:

nCpTz.jpg

k6V8xYQ.jpg

plugged.jpg

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    You might want to search "squib load" on Youtube to see all the SEMI-AUTO gun aftermaths of a squib load.

The "squib load" is VERY easy to prevent, especially with us reloaders that already have a scale. Any given load will have a known or close enough value of the weight in powder inside the case. All that has to be done is weigh EVERY loaded cartridge you have. If one is missing all or a subtantial amount of its powder it will stick out like a nun in a stripclub.
    Why do I find this hot!? I'd be stoked!...Ooh! Ooh! A midget nun!

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I don't know how many grns you loaded in a 380 don't laugh but you take a bullet and powder funnel (large opening of funnel towards ear with bullet in the other end pointing away)shake it and hear the powder. I load on a single stage press and I use a lee perfect powder measure and a loading tray. I load the powder in all the cartridges then take a second and look in all the cases the put the bullets on.

Top Bottom