2 passes thru the 1500 and no S&W 380 Bodyguards to be found :xmad:

Anyone seen any of these anywhere?

Cmon Smith, crank out some more for us.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Yes I have read several reviews. I dont want to order one until I can check one out. I was hoping at the show to be able to compare side by side w/ a Kahr P380. Plenty of P380s... no BGs.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Cool. S&w is a great company! I'm an addict for the .45 3rd gen steel / alloy guns. They will get it right but the bg380 didn't come out of the gates that way. Nearly every bg380 post on the s&w forum is long trials and tribulations of problems.

I like the design... night and day better than my p3at. I would just go into it with an open mind.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    EAExxxx or higher is good... look for the raised ring around the laser buttons (denotes 2nd gen). If you find one in a store for less than $400, grab it... there are several listed on GunBroker.

pix863746310.jpg

Last edited:

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I bought mine at the last 1500. Paid $359 I think plus tax and a pocket holster and I had around $400 invested. I may have written in a previous post that I wasn't overly happy with the gun. The smallness and the long trigger pull make it a bit of a challenge to shoot accurately, but knowing what it's purpose is it is probably a fine weapon and I would like to have it when needed.

Unfortunately, it has found the night stand drawer and hasn't made it out of the drawer in a month. I am much more comfortable carrying my XD40SC. If you are interested I would let it go for a fair price. It has maybe 100 rounds through it. Also you can't find a spare mag for it which probably limits the amount I carry it.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I haven't tried Midway in a couple months or I guess since right after the 1500 in January. Back then the site said they were in stock then when I went to place the order, they said they were out of stock. The other 6 or 8 sights say out of stock right up front. I've never bought anthing off Gun Broker. That may be a good option.

Thanks again

Ordered one from Police Express Supply. Thanks

Last edited:

ajrich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Anderson
    My buddy who just bough one found magazines at Bullseye Boats & Guns in Kokomo when we went up there to use the indoor range a couple weeks ago.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was at the "S&W" guy's booth, the one with all the great grips and nice revolvers, when someone came up and asked if he had any grips for a Bodyguard. The booth owner showed him the j-frame section and the guy said "no, for a 380 auto.". The booth owner laughed a little and suggested he could help him when he got a real gun.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    For less than I have seen the BG's, I bought a Taurus 738 and a Crimson Trace Laser for it. If you're in the market for one that size, and open to looking at different platforms. I have zero malfunctions so far. Just wish that I could find extended magazines for it.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I've seen 3 shots from a Bodyguard 380 (Corbon DPX) take out a car-jacker... one grazed his head, one in the shoulder and one in the leg, all fired while in a struggle. The leg had to be amputated and he's doing life in prison (south of the border).

Not every bullet has to be a kill shot... you can take the fight out of the perp, if you hit him where it hurts.

Last edited:

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've seen 3 shots from a Bodyguard 380 (Corbon DPX) take out a car-jacker... one grazed his head, one in the shoulder and one in the leg, all fired while in a struggle. The leg had to be amputated and he's doing life in prison (south of the border).

Not every bullet has to be a kill shot... you can take the fight out of the perp, if you hit him where it hurts.

There's a lot of talk on this and other threads about 380 baby guns, yet I've not seen one person willing to take a bullet to verify this. Sure I'd rather have a larger caliber, but one or two from a 380 will stop 95% of the perps out there.

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I was looking around for these too.
    First time I had seen one was at the Valpo show for over $400..
    Looked like a cool piece.
    Any reviews yet?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

wow! I didnt think the Bodyguard 380 had been around long enough for someone to be convicted by our court system ;)

dyesub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking for one of these and couldn't find anything... Everyone has waiting lists. I was told they were only getting a couple of them in a week.

Top Bottom