• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Let me preface by saying I typically OC, or partially OC with a shirt and jeans. It seems that every time I am out and about somebody has to ask me if I am a cop. The three most recent instances:

1. I was at Penn Station in Bloomington, IN. I ordered my food, the kid asked me if I was a police officer. I politely said "no." He replies "well, police officers get free drinks, ya know." I replied "I don't impersonate police officers for free drinks." Him: "oh yeah, that's probably a good idea."

I chalked that up to being near liberal campus central...

2. Harbor Freight in Indy doing so browsing... Guy asks me what I'm carrying. I reply "XDm." He then asks me "Does anybody ever hassle you about open carrying?" I reply "No, why?" He references the Texas OC thingy that has been going on. I say "they probably need to be more tactful"...then he asks..."you in law enforcement?" :rolleyes:

3. At the grocery store today with the wife. All done, groceries in the trunk. I take the cart to the cart corral about 50' away from where I parked. (I just can't leave my cart in the middle of the parking lot). There was a kid gathering up the carts to take them inside. I push my cart up and he takes it.....then as I am walking away...."Excuse me, sir"...."Yes"...."Are you a police officer?" I kinda did one of those laugh under your breath and responded "No."

What the eff? Does everybody else get this too?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let me preface by saying I typically OC, or partially OC with a shirt and jeans. It seems that every time I am out and about somebody has to ask me if I am a cop. The three most recent instances:

1. I was at Penn Station in Bloomington, IN. I ordered my food, the kid asked me if I was a police officer. I politely said "no." He replies "well, police officers get free drinks, ya know." I replied "I don't impersonate police officers for free drinks." Him: "oh yeah, that's probably a good idea."

2. Harbor Freight in Indy doing so browsing... Guy asks me what I'm carrying. I reply "XDm." He then asks me "Does anybody ever hassle you about open carrying?" I reply "No, why?" He references the Texas OC thingy that has been going on. I say "they probably need to be more tactful"...then he asks..."you in law enforcement?" :rolleyes:

3. At the grocery store today with the wife. All done, groceries in the trunk. I take the cart to the cart corral about 50' away from where I parked. (I just can't leave my cart in the middle of the parking lot). There was a kid gathering up the carts to take them inside. I push my cart up and he takes it.....then as I am walking away...."Excuse me, sir"...."Yes"...."Are you a police officer?" I kinda did one of those laugh under your breath and responded "No."

Do you have a short haircut and a mustache?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Probably the single reason I don't OC when I'm off...people assume I'm LEO (I am and I don't need them thinking that until it is advantageous for me to tell them). People are just not used to seeing it.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I got free drinks at a speedway in Lafayette for about a month. I used to walk in get a fountain pop and when I'd get to the register the lady would wave me off and say "have a nice day." I just assumed people were really nice until one day she asked me what department I was on. I said "I'm not a police officer." She turned about four shades of red and I never got a freebie again.
    To be fair I did just get out of the army, I was OCing a sig p226 and I wore a lot of polo shirts tucked in, but she never asked me before that day.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010

Going to need to know if you're a cop before I can answer that. Does seem like the kid asked for a legit reason to me

I got free drinks at a speedway in Lafayette for about a month. I used to walk in get a fountain pop and when I'd get to the register the lady would wave me off and say "have a nice day." I just assumed people were really nice until one day she asked me what department I was on. I said "I'm not a police officer." She turned about four shades of red and I never got a freebie again.
    To be fair I did just get out of the army, I was OCing a sig p226 and I wore a lot of polo shirts tucked in, but she never asked me before that day.

That's funny right there

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Going to need to know if you're a cop before I can answer that. Does seem like the kid asked for a legit reason to me

Let me rephrase...I give him my cart and begin to walk away. The kid speaks up"Excuse me, sir" I reply, "Yes" he asks "Are you a police officer?" :scratch:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I normally cover carry but get spotted occasionally, one time we were in Sam's and I had reached up to grab something from an upper shelf. When I did so it pulled my shirt up uncovering my carry piece. Two older ladies standing near me saw it and one of them said to the other, "I always feel so much safer when there is a police officer around"!:alcoholic:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Probably the single reason I don't OC when I'm off...people assume I'm LEO (I am and I don't need them thinking that until it is advantageous for me to tell them). People are just not used to seeing it.
    I don't blame you or any LEO for not OCing because I am sure that gets old.

Nobody ever asks me if I am LEO

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just get a T-shirt with big, bold lettering that states: "I am NOT a Police Officer, STOP asking!" :laugh:

tactical-sash.jpg

Top Bottom