• ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Noblesville Cabelas ?

Has anyone noticed the lack of AR-15's, AK-47's, and any sort of high capacity rifles at the Cabela's in Noblesville? In reality they have a really tiny amount of new long guns in general. I didn't really notice it to much when i was in there the first few times (as i wasn't looking for them) but the last time i was in there i overheard an employee talking about how they are not going to be selling any AR-15's at this location. Ironically enough he said this all while standing next to a used Bushmaster ACR. I didn't hear the reason why but i went and looked at the new rack and go figure, not a single AR-15 in sight. There was a Sig MPX in rifle form there and that's an AR based gun in my eyes. There was also a PS90.

Does anyone know what's going on up there?

I know i have seen AR's at the Cabelas in Louisville so it's not a corporate policy, and they show them on their website. So is this some local road block they had to put up with to get the store in?

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could it be it is one of the smaller stores? I've seen more guns at others, but those are all the larger format stores.

Follow the $$. If they arent selling long guns quickly enough, they'll dedicate more floor space to items that *DO* sell. This tactic gets more pronounced as the available space decreases.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can't imagine its the size of the store. The Noblesville store is 80,000 square feet and the Louisville store is 88,000 square feet and they have tons of long guns.

The lack of shotguns is pretty amazing as well.

It doesn't make sense; when you go look in the used room there is a wide variety of long guns. I know for a fact that the majority if not all of the long guns in the used department are not local trade ins. So if they aren't local trade ins they are corporate transfers to this store to fill the room.

Big box stores like this move a ton of product. If they had more guns they would sell more guns. Just look at Gander Mountain.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Ours in Columbus Ohio has tons. They just need to transfer some to Noblesville. They are to high priced for this area anyway.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Supply & demand?
    Wal-Mart stopped selling AR's when the market became saturated. Look at the price of AR15's now compared to 2 or 3 years ago.
    Everyone and their dog has bought an AR15 in the past couple of years.

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    Seems like Cabelas prices on guns are to high anyways. Better deals at local stores with better service. Kind of like Gander Mountain. Only one or two guys working the gun counter and you have to wait 30 just to check a gun out. Not worth it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Seems like Cabelas prices on guns are to high anyways. Better deals at local stores with better service. Kind of like Gander Mountain. Only one or two guys working the gun counter and you have to wait 30 just to check a gun out. Not worth it.

Agreed. The only things I've ever seen worthwhile at Cabela's is stuff that's on sale, or the occasional used gun with a decent price. Everything else is comparable to shopping Gander, Dick's or other similar stores.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    with it being a newly opened store maybe it is possible they don't quite have the market up there figured out yet? I was actually a bit disappointed in the overall handgun selection but the rest of the store was great. Admittedly I was up there on New Year's Eve weekend so lines were long and inventory was most likely short, but I'd give it a while and hopefully they follow the $$$ and realize what needs to be carried. I'd also mention that the shear glut of ARs on the market may also have something to do with their lack, too. maybe they have limited inventory and don't want to clog it up with rifles that won't move?

Top Bottom