• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Ok...so I am admittedly fairly new (last 10 years or so) to the AK world. Mainly a SAA, AR, tactical shotgun, and hunting-type handguns guy...so I have a question for all you AK aficionados.

I have recently been gifted a like new (as in not fired yet) Nodak Spud NDS-3 AK and while it is plenty nice as is...I would really like to "dress it up" a bit. What stock options can I go with? Any chance for an under-folder set up? If not, what nice all black stock/furniture options do I have...or I am up for advice as to what you like best.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a couple AKs and a few accessories. I am not an aficionado but I am close. Let me know if you want to see them and we can meet up.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I purchase a walnut stock set from Ironwood designs matt@ironwooddesigns.com for my Mac 90 (Thumb hole stock version of the AK-47). They have several woods available and have sets for both straight and slanted receivers.

I converted my gun as I didn't like the thumb-hole stock, I did have to change some other items to make it 922R compliant. I saved all the parts from the conversion as the gun is somewhat collectable. After conversion I added a POSP Russian scope with the quick detach mount. Really like the gun now.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    The conversion to underfolder is a PITA and basically not worth the effort as most find them uncomfortable to shoot. You could install a ACE folding adapter and stock depending on the setup.

AKOU has some options to for converting to a M-4 stock.

Kvar has American made black stocksets for about $110.00ish I think.

Watch the market place at AKFILES and you can find black takeoffs for the $50 - $60 buck range.

If I may suggest; go spend your 1st $200 on some steal case ammo and get to know the gun. Many will complain about the short stock, (if so equipped,) until they get used to it. I'm 6'-4" and I them with comfortable. After going to the AKOU store go to Rob's Youtube channel and look around some. He offers some solid advice about shooting AK's.

And Just because: :postpics:

Enjoy the AK

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Great info guys...thank you! Good advice on more ammo...have some, but will want more. And thanks dudley, we will have to connect. Thus far I don't mind the short stock so much either, just looking at options. I have heard the same from others about the PITA under-folder stocks...so I might just be shying away from that as an option. Always good to have options and advice from those already down that road. Thank you!

Oh...and I will do my best to get pics up here soon!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom