• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Just got a call from my friendly neighborhood FFL letting me know that my new raw receiver arrived :rockwoot: Can't wait to build it up as this will be my first true completely gun.

Anyone have any experience with these? And yes, I plan to post pics as it all gets welded into place (getting someone else to help with that, my welding-fu isn't great), duracoated, the parts added, etc...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive looked into it when NoDAk came out with the receiver late last year. I think it would be a very fun project. I would love to see some pics when you get everything, and as you get it built. Having no knowledge of how the uzi goes together is one of the main things holding me back.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Yeah, whats been keeping me from doing it till now was the welding scared me off, but I couldn't argue with the cost of the receiver (free from an out of state friend, thus the ffl), and I have a friend who is a welder by trade/teaches other welders so I at least know that the person watching over my shoulder wont let me do anything to to stupid...

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    what kind of welding does it take? I would assume its spot welded, but Im probably wrong.

Was planning to use this as a guide. There is quite a bit of welding involved from the look of it, and most of it looks spot welded.

In reality knowing my skill-set when it comes to things like this im going to do one tiny piece (badly), and have my friend end up fixing that and then doing the rest (for a case of beer most likely). I know he is planning (he knows my skill-set too) to do TIG welding for it, thought im sure someone with more knowedge in the dark art of making metal their ***** can weigh in on if thats a good idea or not.

Top Bottom