• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sadly labor type work is hit and miss...... some are great and want to get it done and go home and some are not...

It's why I like getting paid by the job and so do a lot of people..... get it done and go to the next job...... make more money that way....... guys that get paid by the hour tend to milk the clock.
    yep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sadly labor type work is hit and miss...... some are great and want to get it done and go home and some are not...

It's why I like getting paid by the job and so do a lot of people..... get it done and go to the next job...... make more money that way....... guys that get paid by the hour tend to milk the clock.

And guys who get paid per job tend to work as fast as possible, cutting corners to do so. :D

What it boils down to is integrity. If you have no integrity, you'll milk the job whether it pays per piece or per hour. If you have pride, you'll do a good job, whether it pays per piece or per hour.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I hired a friend of mine who is american to put a roof on for me. I did not know his workers would be mexican. It took them 5 days to get my small house done. I had to ask them to come back out and pick up the nails in the driveway and yard. Even after that I still ended up with 2 flat tires at diff times. :xmad: I was not a happy camper. Every time I went by the hosue to check on it (before I moved in) they would just be sitting on the roof or moving real slow. They acted like they could not understand me and of course I could not understand them. :xmad:
    Just my experience thus far, but if I had to choose then I would only pick americans.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They started at 9 this morning and finished hanging by 1:30. They only hung a few walls on Thursday and most of it yesterday. I'd say about 24 hours or less, they had the whole house hung. They got happy with the rotozip in places and there are some holes but nothing a good mudder can't fix.

Top Bottom