non-resident Utah concealed carry permit get or not ??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Depends if you intend on going to one of the states that does not honor IN but honors UT. I got mine for Ohio and Minnesota but now OH recognizes IN and MN no longer recognizes UT. I will renew when time come just to keep myself covered incase other states get goofy on recognizing one or the other.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    You have to weigh whether the cost of getting one is worth it to you or not. It was to me at the time. The reciprocity landscape has changed over the last 10 yrs.

Renewals are cheap ($15) and easy (can be done online, had the new UT CFP within 7 dy, iirc).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Cost vs. Benefits

The costs (incl. time commitments) hasn't decreased, but the benefits have since the LTCH is accepted in more places.

Cold Steel, only you know your threshold; for me the it wasn't worth it.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Been a user since 2013 and this is your first post?

Welcome!

I got the Utah NR for Ohio and Nebraska.

Ohio now (March 23, 2015) recognizes the IN LTCH.

With the UT permit, you will pick up DE, NE WA, and WV. Virginia is, currently, in "limbo" regarding recognition/reciprocation of 25 states, including IN. At this time, VA still recognizes IN. So, unless you travel to DE, NE, WA, or WV on some sort of regular basis, the UT permit has no value.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got mine mostly for travel to Ohio and never went back to Ohio until after they started accepting IN LTCH. Go figure.

Was easier to use the fancy UT printed card as recent firearms training to become a member of a conservation club. I will renew mine if for nothing else than it is another form of photo ID.

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Wow I had not heard Ohio started regonizing Indiana. I don't know how I have not heard this before now. Just saved me some money as I was planning to use some tax money for Utah nonresident strictly because of Ohio

Last edited:
    Top Bottom