• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Possible you have a leak in your line and it's not primed?
    Or like others have suggested your water table at that depth can't support whatever you are pumping it for. If that's the case even an above ground pump may not help.
    Might have to drill your well pit deeper

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    possibly. but in a closed well running at night I have no idea

You don't have a pressure gauge anywhere in the system? That would absolutely be step 1 as far as trouble shooting, especially on a jet pump since they're not self-priming (that I've seen, anyhow). If you drop the pressure too far it will lose its prime and you'll burn it up in no time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You don't have a pressure gauge anywhere in the system? That would absolutely be step 1 as far as trouble shooting, especially on a jet pump since they're not self-priming (that I've seen, anyhow). If you drop the pressure too far it will lose its prime and you'll burn it up in no time.

they have all been submersible well pumps until this one. hsing a pressure tank as it's supplying faucets also.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    they have all been submersible well pumps until this one. hsing a pressure tank as it's supplying faucets also.

Those will self-prime, but running them dry will kill them just as quickly. A $10 pressure gauge and $10 of materials to install it is well worth your time so at any given moment you can have a quick overall snap shot of the health of your well system. I'm a big fan of having one on the pump outlet and one after the pressure tank so you can see how they two are working in relation to each other as well.

It's also entirely possible that your booster tank is bad and isn't doing its job anymore which can cause all sorts of problems (usually short cycling). A maladjusted pressure tank will also cause you trouble. Gauges as I've described will help you see those problems.

Top Bottom