• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I have a friend who has a Non violent felony that they got when they were 22
    Anyone know a Lawyer in or around the South Bend area they can talk to?

or would it be better to chat with someone down state?

Thanks

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know anyone in that area, but if he wants his right to carry back. I'd tell him to pack up, head to Carmel, and talk to Guy Relford. "Titanium Frost" here.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    We have a few excellent lawyers right here on INGO. I'm not sure how much help they could provide, or what they could accomplish, but it couldn't hurt to make a few inquiries.

AFAIK, as far as carrying a firearm, your friend is most likely SOL. However, things may have changed in the last few months or years. :dunno:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Second Chance Law

In 2011, the Indiana General Assembly passed legislation permitting individuals to seal portions of their criminal record, which was revised and condensed in to Indiana Code 35-38-9 effective July 1, 2013. If successful, any case that has been restricted will not show up on a criminal history check by noncriminal justice organizations or individuals. Criminal justice agencies like the court, prosecutor and police continue to have access to*all information. Please note: Although this has been nicknamed an "expungement law," Indiana's Second Chance Law only restricts access to criminal records*It DOES NOT forever erase or expunge one's criminal history.

Top Bottom