• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just one chemistry-related niggle from the OP...

Non-ferrous only means "doesn't contain iron".

A 100% titanium, or tungsten, or aluminum (etc) knife is both non-ferrous and metallic.

-J-

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    That's good news. I always feel a little naked without something in my pocket that can be used for defense. Looks like my Benchmade 1100 will be flying with me.

I think you will have a very hard time getting a Benchmade 1100 through the airport security just because it has a pen in it........I could put a pen in my Cold Steel and it still doesn't make it a pen. But the worst that will happen is you will be couple ounces lighter getting on the plane:D.....

On the flip side....if anyone has flown commercial with one of these and not had problems....PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! I travel quite a bit and have been tossing this entire subject around in my head every time I board the plane...I ware a belt with a nice HEAVY square buckle....sorry, get thumped with is and you would feel it for a couple of days......

Would love to hear more?????

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I think you will have a very hard time getting a Benchmade 1100 through the airport security just because it has a pen in it........I could put a pen in my Cold Steel and it still doesn't make it a pen. But the worst that will happen is you will be couple ounces lighter getting on the plane:D.....

On the flip side....if anyone has flown commercial with one of these and not had problems....PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! I travel quite a bit and have been tossing this entire subject around in my head every time I board the plane...I ware a belt with a nice HEAVY square buckle....sorry, get thumped with is and you would feel it for a couple of days......

On a side note....Had a Kershaw Leek in my computer bag by mistake that I didn't find when I did my pre-trip inspection...:n00b:.. and the security lady was VERY nice about it and offered to mail it back to my house and let me go on through....:nono:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    as taught by jim floyd and demonstrated on plywood the single greatest in flight self defense weapon is a bic pen, the SOB will stick in 3/4" plywood it will easily penetrate clothing and skin and IT'S A PEN! no worries about johnny law coming down on you. of course I'm partial to G10 myself.:twocents:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

I would have a real hard time leaving the check point with it left behind. You make an interesting point about the belt. I typically wear a Specter Gear Last Resort belt :D.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I've gone through security (accidentally) wearing a flint arrowhead necklace tucked into my shirt that was razor sharp. Indians, the first users of non- metallic knives in this country.

Top Bottom