NOOB Help Request:Is there a way to "un-flare" brass casings - specifically 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    It is cheaper to cut an o ring grove than drill and tap for a set screw and o rings are cheaper to manufacture than set screws.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Thanks for all the good advice. I took off my 9mm turret and decided to reload some .380 for my son. We set up the new .380 dies on a new turret and reloaded a couple boxes with no major issues (I had 3 Aguila cases that wouldn't take a primer and the cases mangled but I attribute that to the Aguila cases primer pocket). I locked everything down tight and made sure we were consistent in our pulls and used the Sharpie to mark the dies. Results were good. I'm going to try and load some more 9mm this weekend if I get time to see how it goes. I want to get enough loaded to try 3 different powders with different types of bullets through several different guns to do some tests on what combo works best with each particular gun.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Something to remember if it has wrench flats use a wrench to tighten it. ​If it is knurled finger tighten it.

Top Bottom