• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I would like to see that being done, 7.62x39 is a 4moa round and with 300 yds being its maxium designed range and after 200 yards its falling like wet towel.
    Add the AK's rudimentry sights with its anemicly underpowdered inaccurate 39 cartridge and its lucky to hit a platoon much less a man at medium ranges.

You can see it being done all over YouTube. Even at 4 MOA, that's 12 inches at 300 yards and relatively easy to achieve on a 16ish" plate, depending on the shooter and the weapon. By no means do I claim to be an expert or anything more than what I'd consider to be a decent shooter, but it's really not that hard. I've taken friends who had never touched an AK before, or who were new to guns altogether out to that club and watched them hit those same gongs with x39.

It's even easier with an SLR-107FR and a red dot, and borderline boringly simple with a Galil ACE and a magnified optic, but unfortunately I don't have personal videos of those either.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You can see it being done all over YouTube. Even at 4 MOA, that's 12 inches at 300 yards and relatively easy to achieve on a 16ish" plate, depending on the shooter and the weapon. By no means do I claim to be an expert or anything more than what I'd consider to be a decent shooter, but it's really not that hard. I've taken friends who had never touched an AK before, or who were new to guns altogether out to that club and watched them hit those same gongs with x39.

I'll tell you what, I'll meet you at Bass & Bucks one weekend, bring your WASR 10 and ammo and I will pay your daily fee to shoot. First you show me a half a dozen 4 shot 4" groups with open sights at 100 yards and then a half a dozen 4 shot 8" at 200 yards and then a half a dozen 4 shot 12" at 300 yards..... You win I will hand you a fresh crisp Ben Franklin, you lose you post your targets here... Fair enough?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I'll tell you what, I'll meet you at Bass & Bucks one weekend, bring your WASR 10 and ammo and I will pay your daily fee to shoot. First you show me a half a dozen 4 shot 4" groups with open sights at 100 yards and then a half a dozen 4 shot 8" at 200 yards and then a half a dozen 4 shot 12" at 300 yards..... You win I will hand you a fresh crisp Ben Franklin, you lose you post your targets here... Fair enough?

How did I know this was coming?

Tell you what ... you hang onto your $100 and whatever it costs to shoot for a day. I'll meet you there sometime, pay my own fee, and will show you that
    hitting steel at 300 yards with the irons on my lowly WASR-10 is no problem.
    Not interested in proving anything by shooting X targets X times at X distances and then posting X photos/videos here to show off. I'll simply show you that it's pretty easy to hit a steel gong at 300 yards with what most AK enthusiasts agree is the most entry-level AK worth owning, by doing just that. Hell, I'll happily bring a few higher end AK variants and let you play around with them to see 7.62x39 isn't quite the "broadside of a barn" round you make it out to be. Agree or disagree at the end of the day, a friendly handshake is more than enough for me.

Not sure the need to "win" at anything, and I couldn't care less to do so. Again, in the meantime a simple Google or YouTube search for "7.62x39 300 yards" will net you all the proof you need.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Full disclosure.. I own a transferable AK.... I own two Poly Techs one from before and one after the ban.
    I have full knowledge of how well they shoot and what they sound like on the receiving end.
    I didnt think you would accept, non ever have.

The last time any have been shot was with my two sons, back when they thought the AK was the bomb, they quickly learned that a simple 600 dollar AR will easily outshoot and out preform the AK platform in 7.62x39.

I would be more than glad to meet you at Walbash and shoot for the day. I promise not to bust your balls to much...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Heres one of the first videos i watched... Whats that maybe a 7-8" group with 20+% misses?

[video=youtube_share;f6NTV7ENgWE]https://youtu.be/f6NTV7ENgWE[/video]

Top Bottom