• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I got an email a while back offering a membership to the NAHC for $15. I figured why not, 50% off, lets see what it is. I got a pair of skinning knives, a book, and an offer for more stuff if I decided to keep the book.

Has anyone else had experience with this group? Good? Bad? Product testing information? I don't want to keep signing up for stuff, making the "free" items they advertise cost me a ton.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Big scam. They will send you junk out the ying yang and want you to keep paying for it. I was a life member but ended up canceling my membership because of all the junk they kept sending me and wanting me to pay for.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If you read the fine print, you're agreeing to solicitation. Most people don't read it and then think they're being scammed. I joined for discounts before and understood that if I didn't want to keep something (and pay for it), I needed to send it back. Some of the stuff was okay at decent prices.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    If you read the fine print, you're agreeing to solicitation. Most people don't read it and then think they're being scammed. I joined for discounts before and understood that if I didn't want to keep something (and pay for it), I needed to send it back. Some of the stuff was okay at decent prices.

I knew what I was agreeing to, but I still figured it would be worthwhile...

I also received a letter saying I was "chosen" to be upgraded to a lifetime membership for free. They sent me a refund for the membership payment, and said I won't get charged for anything else that I do not elect to purchase. I think it was supposed to make me feel special, but it made me skeptical...Has this happened with anyone else?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been an annual member for 8 years.

I received one product testing product in that time.
    I was sent a hard-cover book when I first joined. I did not request the book, and since no return postage was offered I kept the book.

When billed, I sent the bill back with a letter stating that I had not requested this book and I would return it as soon as they provided return postage.

I never heard another word from them.

No solicitations for Life memberships. No unrequested materials, just annual dues invoices.
    If I wait long enough, I get an invoice to renew with the skinning knife set offer. I think I have 5 or 6 of those sets somewhere.

I enjoy the magazine and I get ZERO solicitations from them.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I had a membership many years ago. The magazine was ok. I was never "selected" to field test anything but enjoyed reading reviews from others. Things might have changed over time though.

Top Bottom