• ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I would never advocate violence, but:
    "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? [...] The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!" -Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago (Chapter 1 "Arrest")

We have a few more options than axes, hammers and pokers... for now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t recall all the details in the bill. It covered electronic media; did it say anything about signage? Would be cool for him to see “F*ck you Northam” on every billboard on his way to/from work.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Truth. But a teenager/Early 20's isn't the time to start teaching that lesson. It starts early. I guide my kids the best I can. Eventually they learn something the hard way. Start it early. Not when the kid is in highschool, college or 30 years old living in the basement.

When my kids were still young and we were out at a restaurant waitresses used to ask my wife and I why our kids behaved so politely when every other kid in the place was acting like it was feeding time at the zoo. They were always of an age when they didn't have kids yet themselves and they genuinely wanted to know.

I told them that as far as table manners are concerned your kids must be required to behave at the table AT HOME in the manner that you expect them to behave in public. If they're allowed at act like animals at home they will do so in a restaurant.

I then explained that there was one rule that they must follow at all times. You are the parent and you ALWAYS WIN. You are the child's parent, NOT their friend. You cannot experience friendship with your kids until they attain human status.

Each of my kids got to say "no" to me ONCE. The consequences were such that none of them wanted to tempt fate twice.

Top Bottom