• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    It's not a huge deal as it's basically covering what would be UAS/drone flight. Considering the Richmond Class C airspace and the TFR, it's actually smaller and less restrictive than a typical sporting TFR which covers outdoor stadiums/venues with attendance/anticipated attendance of 30k plus.

You're guaranteed to see some sort of aerial coverage but those would be aircraft who are in direct contact with Richmond ATC.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Gotta wonder if they will show aerial footage. Probably don't want to show the real size of the crowd...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    There was aerial coverage. I monitored two helicopters from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport area flying over the area at between 1,000 ans 1,200 feet during the event. I watched some of their feeds. I noticed them while looking for drones like they used at Ferguson. I was looking for call signs RD1, RD2, RD3, RD4, RD5, and RD6. They were the ones used in MO. They are interesting when you start researching the company that owns the call signs. I am not talking little craft under 50 pounds.

Top Bottom