• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    I shoot every sport all over the country. Can we get you to put together and man an up to date accurate website for us?

No.

And I'll tell you why. Because we already have websites for this. They're just put together in a pisspoor fashion.

I'll take my point you quoted above a step further.

I'll start by mentioning that club websites I have nothing against. Most of them are operated on a volunteer basis and I'm just glad anyone is willing to do that for their/our organization.

However, on practiscore I can't find a club website to save my life. Since most clubs don't post their matches until a few days beforehand I can go look at most of the Indiana clubs on practiscore and see "no upcoming matches" and they also won't have a website listed because practiscore doesn't seem to post club websites (unless it's buried in there somewhere). However, that's a product of the way matches are handled because they can be cancelled and schedules change so I won't pick on Practiscore any more than to say they should make club websites prominently displayed.

Now let's talk about USPSA's website. I'm sure I will say this again but, here's the deal. We pay this organization for membership. I would expect better opportunities to find places to shoot in their website. If you listen to the shoot fast podcast go listen to episode 61 where they mention that half the clubs they shoot at, including where they shot a major match in area 3, aren't even listed in the find a club section of USPSA's website. They still say the best way to find matches is by word of mouth.

Sure, in an above post you can see the map that shows all the local clubs. Wanna know what I see when I go to the website? Nothing... no clubs in the area. There's a red dot for my club right there but I always assumed that red dot was just pinpointing the location I searched for. Now if I start manipulating their map then, yes, the clubs do show up but since when are we supposed to assume a website is garbage and continue to mess around with it praying for a club to show up.

lFbPsfD.jpg

Here's what I see when I put my own zip code in (which, by the way, is only about 15 minutes from Warsaw. Not in whatever country it shows me)

9b2peNk.jpg

I'll wrap this up by saying, again, we pay USPSA for membership. If I have to fight so hard to find a club to shoot at, dig through their website, keep manipulating the map until something comes up, why would I not come to a forum and ask for a little help? And I would expect a little support from my fellow shooters in that regard.

I expect better from our organization. The organization we pay to be a part of.

Hell I would expect USPSA to have the full functionality of practiscore ON TOP of that **** poor club map and a full social media suite to go along with it.

That's how you further your sport USPSA

Last edited:
    Top Bottom