• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I saw a big shooting star about 2:30. Other than that just a beautiful black ink night.
    Anybody know how to tell the difference between the ISS and a regular satellite, besides knowing the trajectory of the ISS?
    The ISS has a docking station. Above the docking station it reads "Welcome" in seven different languages.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Thank you all so much for the photos. I can not beleive I missed this wonderful event. Darn it... I just seem to go to bed to early now days. Not only that... I forgot yet again!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw a big shooting star about 2:30. Other than that just a beautiful black ink night.
    Anybody know how to tell the difference between the ISS and a regular satellite, besides knowing the trajectory of the ISS?
    Most regular satellites aren’t big enough to reflect light so we can see them.

And most satellites are in synchronous orbit so they aren’t moving across the sky

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I went onto my balcony last night to see if I could see the northern lights. All I saw was a beautiful clear sky full of stars, but I could not see any. I DID see a huge V shaped aircraft with no lights or sound traveling VERY FAST. It was only visable by reflected moonlight for about five seconds, then it disappeared.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I thought last night was supposed to be good but it was pretty much a bust. I had more fun under nods looking at satellites and all the different Stars you can't see with your naked eye
    Yep, pretty much only colors were right after sunset. Out til 2:30 and it was just black ink, especially after that sliver of that moon went down. Very orange right as it went down.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I missed them the first night, saw nothing last night…… dang it… I’ve wanted to see the northern lights my whole life..this is all I saw Saturday night, but as other have said, y son and I did see the ISS, so not a total bust. I miss the old farmhouse we rented in Virginia years ago, so far from a big town, we could see the Milky Way, and a metric boat load of satellites..

Attachments

• IMG_4937.jpeg
      IMG_4937.jpeg
      475.6 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom