• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why I buy most things on Amazon. Even their junk brands have surprised me and they carry the "good stuff" too. I have a "Speedway" brand reversible air drill from Amazon must weigh double what my Dad's Mac does and it's 100% metal. Hard to complain for $30 or whatever it cost me.

My IR 1/2" impact and my Proto torque wrenches came from Bezo's forrest too. It's nice to be able to shop the cheap crap against the less crappier stuff at the same place. They're the same place I've been buying my SK stuff too for the same reason. X costs Y, but made in USA is only Z... so, Z wins a lot.

Anyhow... Tool hording is probably my most serious money hole, so, probably better that I've never been inside a NT store.

After realizing I no longer want to do heavy engine work any more or install a carrier and gear set even it the housing is out and easy to deal with I have sold off a crap ton of tools and equipment. Hoist stands press parts washer and on and on. Sold 2 floor jacks and kept the wrong one.....:):
    I have 1 project to finish because I promised and that is it for the mouse.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    After realizing I no longer want to do heavy engine work any more or install a carrier and gear set even it the housing is out and easy to deal with I have sold off a crap ton of tools and equipment. Hoist stands press parts washer and on and on. Sold 2 floor jacks and kept the wrong one.....:):
    I have 1 project to finish because I promised and that is it for the mouse.

Sounds like I missed the sale! Enable me further when the culling continues. ;)

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    One in Ft Wayne opened up about 6 months ago. I stop there about every time I’m in the fort. Haven’t bought a lot there yet but man I could. It’s like a man’s toy store.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was talking with one of my coworkers this morning. He was asking my opinions of the Air Cat impact wrench that I have because his Ingersoll broke the anvil. So I will share my thoughts here for those who may want to save a few bucks.. Well I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. They cost less than the tool truck brands, and most have a better warranty so yeah if anyone needs good air tools for not a lot of money buy the Air Cat line which I was told is available at NT

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I was talking with one of my coworkers this morning. He was asking my opinions of the Air Cat impact wrench that I have because his Ingersoll broke the anvil. So I will share my thoughts here for those who may want to save a few bucks.. Well I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. They cost less than the tool truck brands, and most have a better warranty so yeah if anyone needs good air tools for not a lot of money buy the Air Cat line which I was told is available at NT

I'll second the Air Cat impact.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

When I was shopping for my air impact ~10 years ago it was down between Air Cat and IR and both were considered very good with some guys grumbling one way or the other about which was best. Both cost about the same too. I never considered Air Cat to be a down market brand. Certainly not like HFT's Earthquake line (which I also hear is surprisingly good).

That said, I did end up going with an IR gun and I'm surprised your buddy can't get a replacement anvil for his. Half of the reason I went with IR was because I expected a reasonable amount of after sale support from them since they're very well known and popular in industrial applications. Maybe that was just a hope on my part?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I was shopping for my air impact ~10 years ago it was down between Air Cat and IR and both were considered very good with some guys grumbling one way or the other about which was best. Both cost about the same too. I never considered Air Cat to be a down market brand. Certainly not like HFT's Earthquake line (which I also hear is surprisingly good).

That said, I did end up going with an IR gun and I'm surprised your buddy can't get a replacement anvil for his. Half of the reason I went with IR was because I expected a reasonable amount of after sale support from them since they're very well known and popular in industrial applications. Maybe that was just a hope on my part?

Well in all fairness he can buy a replacement anvil for his IR impact, but a complete new impact would be less than a hundred bucks more

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have owned and worn out 2 IR's in my many years spinning wrench's (I had some help along the way) and they both still run just worn out.
    A friends kid got in a jam and needed some fast cash so he sold me his brand new in the box Snap on 1/2" impact for a solid "C" note. That thing kicks butt. I am not sure who makes their Pneumatics but I like them.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have owned and worn out 2 IR's in my many years spinning wrench's (I had some help along the way) and they both still run just worn out.
    A friends kid got in a jam and needed some fast cash so he sold me his brand new in the box Snap on 1/2" impact for a solid "C" note. That thing kicks butt. I am not sure who makes their Pneumatics but I like them.

At the time I bought my IR, it was supposed to be the "best" gun on the market (vs. a similar Air Car, reasonable debate to be had both ways). It's a 2245TI and I'm very pleased with it.

My next impact is going to run on batteries, so... It's a brave new world for me!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Snap on claims to make their own pneumatics

noBiGthing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hebron
    Seen the sign for the one opening in Merrillville, it looks like its going in by Portillo's and the old Century mall was.

Top Bottom