• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry if this has already been done before but I didn't see anything recent. Are there any Prep. Groups to get involved with on the North side of Indy? Noblesville/Fishers/Fortville? Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

:patriot:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm in Anderson, figured i would just reply here in case anyone saw the thread and decided they wanted to join too. I've been prepping for a little while now, but I know i'm relatively a newbie, and if there is any knowledge I could gain from other like minded folks then I welcome it.

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    Well lets find out if we'd be compatible as a group. Here is a little about me, where I live and what I'm looking for. I've been working at this on my own for just a little while now. I am not anywhere near where I would say I'm comfortable with my plans, but I'm spending most of my extra time these days getting there. There are several podcasts that I listen to most days along with different blogs that I read. I'm at a point right now where I'm spending most of my time getting things together, working off of different lists I've found that seem prudent. Some I make up myself. I've also been working on developing different skills in the areas of Emergency Medicine, Food Storage, Navigation/orienteering, preparedness skills, self defense, situational awareness, first aid, gun smithing, blade sharpening, fire making, knots, & marksmanship to name a few. Problem is I feel like I'm doing everything on my own and when something does happen, no way to make it on your own, so I was hoping to get hooked up with a group of people that have the same overall goals to try and maybe pool resources/skills. Anyway, that's kind of where I'm at and what I'm looking for. How about you? Oh, I don't live by myself, I am married and have two kids. Both my kids are grown and pretty much out of the house. My daughter is in college and my son is going into the Army. Thanks for responding to this thread. :patriot:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm also married with 2 kids, although my boys are a lot younger. I've been concentrating my efforts on food storage, I've been basing a lot of my preps on camping experience, and trying to adapt that to the home. I've been prepping for about 3 years on my own, I'm really looking for a skills based group, not looking to pool resources.... Unless you have more than me. :): Just kidding. I think for a group to be effective in a shtf scenario, we'd have to be much closer, like on the same block. I believe a like minded group to get together periodically has value however.

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    I guess when I'm talking about pooling resources I'm mostly talking about being part of a group that can work together to pool resources during any sort of emergency. As you rightly stated, being closer has advantages but it also doesn't hurt to know people in different areas. Perhaps the first steps would be to put this group together, meet, and then go from there. Thoughts?

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry time got away from me & been busy the last couple of days. meet-n-greet sounds good to me as I was going to suggest the same. What's everyones schedule? Weekends best, or is anyone free during the week in the evening? I work from home so I have a pretty flexible schedule. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks! ~dr

draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Fri night, Sat or Sun is good for me if I can schedule ahead of time. Evenings during the week are difficult. I work near 96th & meridian so I could also do lunch or coffee during the week.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I'm interested. I live in Noblesville, too. My schedule is all over the place also, so just about anything can or can't work. If I'm free I'd be thrilled to drop by!

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    Anyone have any ideas about a place to meet? Everyone like Coffee? We could meet at a Starbucks or something like that. There's also Paradise Bakery over in the HTC mall. They have a pretty big space. I'm open any night this week, we could also try for Saturday some time. Sound good? Any other ideas to consider?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Im have a pretty busy week but I could probably make Saturday or sunday if its later in evening like 8. If that doesnt work for others I will just make the next meeting (hopefully there is a second) Im always game for Starbucks but depending on how many people plan to come all the Starbucks are here are always busy on weekends. Paradise sounds good too.

I'll be subscribing to this thread to see updates as they come!

Top Bottom