• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I use one like this. Works well on nose and in ears. Won't get it razor close so for the outside of my ear lobe, I use my regular shaver.

Man, getting old has hair growing everywhere but where I want it!

41ImPO-xRsL._SL1300_.jpg

This is exactly what I use at home. Protruding nose hairs drive my wife crazy; she can’t stand them.

When I’m driving and I notice them I just yank them out, usually after making eye contact with another motorist. People tend to give me more room that way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was once working on a carb on car and it backfired while I was over the top of it. Burned my mustache (it was the 70's after all) and my eyebrows.

Similar story. I learned the hard way you dont use WD40 to lube a paper shredder. Over the top of it while it was running and started dousing it. *spark* WHOOOSH. Ruined my favorite polo and lost some eyebrows and eyelashes. (not all, just some)

But back on track, Ive got a cheap Conair rotary one that uses a single AA battery. Kinda sucks, but since I only have to use it for 60 seconds every 6 months, its not bad.

And yes, I too just yank the long ones when they start sticking out. Its not that bad really. I can think of worse things to do.

Oh, and on a related note, those rogue eyebrows drive me nuts. Out of the blue I'll get one eyebrow hair that suddenly grows 3-4x longer than the rest. Most annoying when it decides to try to pop up and look around and gets tangled in my eyelashes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is exactly what I use at home. Protruding nose hairs drive my wife crazy; she can’t stand them.

When I’m driving and I notice them I just yank them out, usually after making eye contact with another motorist. People tend to give me more room that way.

So you use nose hair plucking as an intimidation tool...……..most cool.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Has anyone else ever seen an idiot blow himself with an immersion heater?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If it does not light immediately and the gas has time to evaporate it will shoot a flame several feet high. Blow up "POW".

I have seen it happen several times. On one field problem a private did it three times. Burned off his eyebrows and the hair from the front of his head.

Probably did not have to worry about nose hair either.

[video=youtube;4tcUzgBinEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcUzgBinEQ[/video]

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Wahl, norelco, or whatever other trimmer walmart had. not the cheapo one that runs on a single AAA, the upper level model Li battery rechargeable with the metal body and interchangeable heads.

I just yank out the offending hairs. Hopefully they'll quit growing back.

I'd lose a day each week dealing with them individually... If I don't trim them back it gets bad enough I can feel a restriction breathing through my nose!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My record plucked nose hair length is 0.970", pulled out straight and stuck on a length of cellophane tape, measured with a 6" digital Mitutoyo caliper.

It's still probably stuck on the bottom of an engineering department desk drawer at an undisclosed manufacturing facility.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My record plucked nose hair length is 0.970", pulled out straight and stuck on a length of cellophane tape, measured with a 6" digital Mitutoyo caliper.

It's still probably stuck on the bottom of an engineering department desk drawer at an undisclosed manufacturing facility.

That is both dedicated and disgusting.

Top Bottom