• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Stopped in last night, they hadn't unpacked ammo yet. They had, however, gotten in an AR variant. Didn't find out what exact model it was after I looked at the price tag. $1497!?! I said something to the guy along the lines, "Sheesh, you were selling ARs for 600 to 900 a few months back." He said, kind defensively, "Not this model, it was $1200." Eh, whatever, I say.

So I leave, and come back this morning to see if they unpacked ammo yet. AR was gone already! LOL . . . some people's kids.

On the bright side I did get a couple boxes of Winchester bulk pack (100 round) .45ACP . . . for $40 ea. :rolleyes: Weren't they $30 or so not to long ago?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Stopped in last night, they hadn't unpacked ammo yet. They had, however, gotten in an AR variant. Didn't find out what exact model it was after I looked at the price tag. $1497!?! I said something to the guy along the lines, "Sheesh, you were selling ARs for 600 to 900 a few months back." He said, kind defensively, "Not this model, it was $1200." Eh, whatever, I say.

So I leave, and come back this morning to see if they unpacked ammo yet. AR was gone already! LOL . . . some people's kids.

On the bright side I did get a couple boxes of Winchester bulk pack (100 round) .45ACP . . . for $40 ea. :rolleyes: Weren't they $30 or so not to long ago?
    You know the cost is too high if you would have come back to find it still sitting on the shelf.

You think it's too expensive, apparently somebody else did not.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The WWB 100rnd .40 packs went up 1$
    The FED 100rnd .40 packs went up 1$

Thats all I noticed. I havent been to Bburg, thats the only one near me that has guns.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    was it a colt? they have been selling for around 1200.00

Possibly. It was a tacticool two-tone flat-top with tannish collapsable stock and barrel shroud.

You know the cost is too high if you would have come back to find it still sitting on the shelf.

You think it's too expensive, apparently somebody else did not.

Sure. I'm sure it's worth it to someone. I drive around the southern half of the state for work and I haven't seen .223 ammo for weeks, though. That's a pretty pricey club. :rockwoot:I'm still holding out hope to build my own and save a little bit of money. Hopefully. Maybe. :p

The WWB 100rnd .40 packs went up 1$
    The FED 100rnd .40 packs went up 1$

Thats all I noticed. I havent been to Bburg, thats the only one near me that has guns.

That's not too bad, then. 0.40 a round isn't horrible. I got spoiled by 0.20 a round before I sold my 92FS when I got married.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I just wish they had federal 100rnd packs. I got used to the 180gr, and Ive had to adjust to the 165gr WWB, plus pay 6 more a box.

The brass seems tougher though, so might be a good idea to stay the WWB course, since I want to start reloading soon as this blows over.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm gonna have a good laugh in 6 months when they can't move the stuff.
    Why? Prices will go down if demand goes down and things stop moving.

This is how supply and demand works. Too much supply for too little demand and price goes down. Too much demand for too little supply and price goes up.

This applies to everything, not just guns or ammunition.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I know the Bburg WalMart had two Earth Brown Colt M4's come in on Monday, and we're gone in 60 seconds. They sold for $1097. Whatever model was at your store must have not been a Colt, but one of those high priced mil spec rifles from an off mfg. WalMarts are pretty consistent on pricing, and an M4 wouldn't be different in price between stores, especially the same state.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If they get another DPMS AR in for 600 bucks like they had in Terre Haute last year, I WILL BUY IT.. Im kicking myself for that one.

Although, Im pretty handy, and my buddy put the bug in my ear, to build one from the ground up, and that sounds like fun...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    All the Greencastle Walmart has is empty shelves with price tags... Kinda sad, especially since I get a 10% discount discount!

grand champ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Went to pop guns today,had good selection of glocks. I was suprised,anyway my buddy got a gen4 g19,I asked for 9mm ammo was told unless using range or buying a gun they wouldn't sell me ammo. I got 350rnds 9mm @ gander for $105....felt lucky to find that....not knocking pop guns...just putting info out there

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Went to pop guns today,had good selection of glocks. I was suprised,anyway my buddy got a gen4 g19,I asked for 9mm ammo was told unless using range or buying a gun they wouldn't sell me ammo. I got 350rnds 9mm @ gander for $105....felt lucky to find that....not knocking pop guns...just putting info out there

Last time I was at BGF they said they had ammo stock for the shop, then for the range, and they wouldnt sell the range ammo in the shop. Dunno if pops is running the same way or not, but the way it was explained to me made sense.. Gotta have ammo for the range.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32

(Based on your figures)

So "some people's kids" pay a 25% premium for a rifle and you scoff. What, exactly, do you do when you pas a 33% premium for ammo?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    (Based on your figures)

So "some people's kids" pay a 25% premium for a rifle and you scoff. What, exactly, do you do when you pas a 33% premium for ammo?

Don't get me wrong, I think 1200 is nuts, too, when they were selling DPMS AR's for 600 not too long ago. I'd rather have something plain jane that I can setup the way I want than some prepackaged deal that probably isn't even using very good accessories. <shrug> No need to take it personal, I found it funny and thought some here would as well.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle

Before the madness in Sandy Hook, both Muncie Walmarts were selling 100 bulk packs of .45 ACP for $34.97. Don't know what they are now because I haven't seen a single box since before the shooting.

Top Bottom