• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    I picked up 3x100 rd. WWB at walmart southside indy last week for $24 a box (up $1 a box). first time in over 2 month ( had 4 more boxes but limited to 3 boxes). as I was putting it away found 2x100 rd. WWB forgot I had.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Stopped in last night, they hadn't unpacked ammo yet. They had, however, gotten in an AR variant. Didn't find out what exact model it was after I looked at the price tag. $1497!?! I said something to the guy along the lines, "Sheesh, you were selling ARs for 600 to 900 a few months back." He said, kind defensively, "Not this model, it was $1200." Eh, whatever, I say.

So I leave, and come back this morning to see if they unpacked ammo yet. AR was gone already! LOL . . . some people's kids.

On the bright side I did get a couple boxes of Winchester bulk pack (100 round) .45ACP . . . for $40 ea. :rolleyes: Weren't they $30 or so not to long ago?

No....the WWB .45 acp ammo at Walmart is the same price it was last fall. i have not seen any increases.

i can't speak to Walmarts prices on 9mm.....I haven't seen a box of that at Walmart in 4 months.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don't get me wrong, I think 1200 is nuts, too, when they were selling DPMS AR's for 600 not too long ago. I'd rather have something plain jane that I can setup the way I want than some prepackaged deal that probably isn't even using very good accessories. <shrug> No need to take it personal, I found it funny and thought some here would as well.

1200.00 isn't nuts it depends on the rifle. Last week I got my Colt 6920 with black magpul stocks for 1195.00 which is cheap, the guy next to me bought an Olympic for 650.00, again a good price. Just depends on what you want. But I wouldn't have paid 1400.00 for it and am not sure what rifle the OP is talking about unless it was one of the Colts with the color anodized receiver as well??

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    lucky butthole....

Ive been looking for fed 100rnd in 9mm or .40, and havent seen ONE

They had maybe 20 50-round boxes in the case. I asked for 3 and the lady picked up the 100's from the floor by her feet.

I have picked up may 6 100 round .45 packs there, but it was the first time I've seen 9. Yeah, I felt Lucky

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    WalMarts are pretty consistent on pricing, and an M4 wouldn't be different in price between stores, especially the same state.

Wrong. Our Walmart (Shelbyville) has usually been about $2 more per box of ammo than say Greenwood. I asked about it and was told it was because Shelbyville was considered a rural location and therefor a different market. At this point I asked them to price match the Greenwood stores and they gave me the same BS about not having to since they aren't competing being in different markets. The manager had the same stance.....Needless to say I didn't buy anything there that day as I knew I needed to go to Greenwood for other things. Just bought the ammo there instead.

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The last time I went back home (Ripley county) I stopped at the following walmarts: Emerson rd in Beech Grove, Co Ln Rd in Greenwood, Shelbyville, and Greensburg. I was looking ONLY at FED 100rnd, and WWB 100rnd, in 9mm and .40

They all were the exact same price. But only Greenwood and Greensburg had any.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This was last year, so it very well could have leveled out since. I know the practice went on for a few years at least.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Why? Prices will go down if demand goes down and things stop moving.

This is how supply and demand works. Too much supply for too little demand and price goes down. Too much demand for too little supply and price goes up.

This applies to everything, not just guns or ammunition.

In theory, yes. But in reality, prices tend to rise quickly, but go down MUCH more slowly.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I call it the income tax effect.

When you have to raise prices or issue a fee, for a temporary reason, then when the temporary reason no longer exists, you just leave it in place because you like the extra income.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wrong. Our Walmart (Shelbyville) has usually been about $2 more per box of ammo than say Greenwood. I asked about it and was told it was because Shelbyville was considered a rural location and therefor a different market. At this point I asked them to price match the Greenwood stores and they gave me the same BS about not having to since they aren't competing being in different markets. The manager had the same stance.....Needless to say I didn't buy anything there that day as I knew I needed to go to Greenwood for other things. Just bought the ammo there instead.

^This.

I have gotten .223 Tula at different walmarts for $5.17 and $5.27 depending on the store.

Clay pigeon targets also used to be $2 cheaper at Southport than Martinsville but I haven't checked lately.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This is true about their 'different markets' thing. It's how they operate. As far as they are concerned the other store is far enough away that it's not an option, just as they wouldn't price match a physical store in another state - they don't think you'll really go out of your way to go get it there.

That said, the drive from Shelbyville to Greenwood cost you more in fuel than the $2 difference per box most likely - so unless you were going by there anyway... 'You showed them!' :)

Top Bottom