• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The wife and I meandered in to the local Bass Pro, and browsed the handgun case. She noticed a hammerless snub nose 38 S&W and asked to see it. While she was looking at it, I asked the salesman if it was all metal, or metal and plastic, as some are. He said all quality guns are metal and plastic. :xmad: "Excuse me?" Yea, he says. All the good guns are made that way.
    Then I pointed out (to my wife) it was a wheel gun. "Remember" I said, "When the boys and I were shooting last weekend, everyone of their guns jammed but mine." He pipes in "What kind of guns are they?" I said a S&W, Walther, AR and a Sig. "Oh" he said. "You weren't shooting quality guns." :nuts: I said I was shooting a redhawk and had no troubles at all. Again he said that was not a quality gun. And you can't run with it. I told him I don't need to run, I'm the one carrying the .44 magnum :ar15:
    Yea, we left.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    He must be saying that a 1911 is the ONLY good gun. Metal gun, plastic grips.

I know there are some "less than intelligent" sales people behind the gun cases. You ask them a question then they give you bad info. But to just offer ignorant advice like that is even worse.

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    Bass pro is the worst overall for the big box gun shops IMO.. overpriced, crappy selection, and ignorant salesman....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Salesmen try to sell, some intelligently, some not.

I'm more interested in the fact that you (OP) have "boys" you shoot with who can't get reliable guns to run without jams. Sounds like they need some instruction.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Both my Service Six (ejector rod bent when I short-stroked the trigger and it locked up the cylinder and it would not turn) and my S&W 19 (light strikes-ongoing) have had more jams and misfires and jams than my XD (zero, zilch, nada).

just sayin'

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I said, "When the boys and I were shooting last weekend, everyone of their guns jammed but mine."

Is that bit of chest thumping real? Seems awfully convenient that the last weekend, every single one of your friends guns jammed, yours was the ONLY one with no problems?

That doesn't seem very likely...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I said a S&W, Walther, AR and a Sig. "Oh" he said. "You weren't shooting quality guns." :nuts:

So, a Bass Pro Salesman shoots Korth and Blaser firearms?:D

Worked that gig for 4 years. Heard all kinds of nonsense spouted by customers, they were just enthused not really malicious. I just smiled and nodded. Angry people do not spend money so they were always right, no matter how silly.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Most sales people have no clue what they are talking about. I don't know how many times I have gone somewhere and had obvious misinformation thrown my way. I have found that the best bet when buying anything, is to do your own research first. That way when they try to sell you something you can correct their misinformation. Big box gun stores are bad about information. Most of their employees are minimum wage and really don't have much training. For real gun info go to your local gun shop, where the owner is the guy behind the counter.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was in the Clarksville store a while back, and my wife wanted to look at a PX4, so we asked to see the one they had in the case. My wife, not knowing the difference, asked if I could use my FFL to buy a handgun (I have a c+r) I told her only guns of a certain age. The sales dude overheard our conversation and says, "if you have an ffl we can transfer the gun to you" referring to the px4 my wife was looking at. I told him I have an 03 ffl and no, he could not transfer that gun to me. He insisted he could, until an older guy came over and told me, not him, that they could not transfer the gun to the type ffl I have. The old guy acted like I was the dumbass. I couldn't do anything else but bust out laughing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    He must be saying that a 1911 is the ONLY good gun. Metal gun, plastic grips.

I know there are some "less than intelligent" sales people behind the gun cases. You ask them a question then they give you bad info. But to just offer ignorant advice like that is even worse.

Why was the first sentence in purple?:dunno:

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Cmon, this is not shocking in the least bit. Im not saying all bass pro, GM, etc. Are horrible in the knowledge of guns, but what do you expect when dealing with people making minimum wage or very little over? I never go into these big name stores and expect to gain knowledge on anything other than going prices of ammo. If I want knowledge, I would come here and ask the question, google it, and come up with the best answer to my questions from there.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I was at the Cabelas in Hazelwood, MO the Tuesday after Newtown and asked specifically to see a M&P15-22 that was on the rack.

What I got was handed the rifle, and a 5 minute lecture of why the 10/22 is the bestest rimfire EVAR.

Didn't want to break the guy's heart and tell him I'm a Marlin 60 guy, so I just nodded while examining the 15-22.

Best "big box" gun counter folks are at Sportsmans Warehouse & Scheels stores.

Top Bottom