• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This weekend 12-4 and 12-5. This is possibly my favorite gun show. Usually has a little bit of everything. Some times they even sell fundraiser small cakes and other baked goods. (pro tip, buy the carrot cake).
    As usual, I pay at the door like everybody else. I have never had a table at any gun show.
    Just looked it up, it's $5 entry.
    And yes, they do expect unloaded firearms. After watching the new firearm enthusiasts putting barrels up each other noses, I can see this being beneficial.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is a great show. First time for me to have 3 tables. Love the back room. My mix of premium 1911’s, Bullets, ammo, accessories, black powder rifles, balls etc will fit right in. I usually sell out to the table covers as currency is easier for me to carry home.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    That has always been a neat show. At least for oddballs like me who like old, weird stuff! I’m hoping to make it up there sometime this weekend.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Going to make my first trip as well. I believe there is another show in Greenfield this weekend. Looks like some windshield time.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Seriously, there are a lot of new firearm buyers lately. They have no sense of muzzle control.
    Saw one at Stout Field take an AK from the dealers hand and instantly point it at the dealers eyeball. I'll say one thing, the dealer moved pretty fast for a fat guy. That was a no sale, Dog.
    Sometimes the most interesting things at a gun show are the antics of the crop dusters and the dustees.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My first indy1500 (the first 1500) a guy had a nice collection of Winchester lever actions with a nice plastic printed sign “do not pick up or touch without asking”

A guy grabbed one and racked the level a few times. The table owner freaked out yelling and stated “this show sucks you people auck I am leaving see you in Tulsa.”

Never saw that guy again in Indy. I did see him at national gun day.

I think those rifles were Winchester commemoratives limited editions. At the time thought to be worth tons. Now yes worth good dollars but kinda a Beanie. Baby overall compared to what people thought they would be worth now. They just made so many.

At gun shows I have seen topless ladies, drunk table sellers a lady at the 1500 selling bedazzled jewelry ask me not to stand in the isles in front of her table, (I told her to kiss my hairy white ass) a few ND’s a suicide in the parking lot. , a money bag with about 10k in cash dropped in the isle in front of me (which I gave back to the guy who dropped it) a small concession fire. A fight in the line to get in over saving a spot while a guy parked. Crop dusters and dusties some of the worst BO imaginable some sweet smelling ladies

None of the above happened in Tipton

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My first indy1500 (the first 1500) a guy had a nice collection of Winchester lever actions with a nice plastic printed sign “do not pick up or touch without asking”

A guy grabbed one and racked the level a few times. The table owner freaked out yelling and stated “this show sucks you people auck I am leaving see you in Tulsa.”

I think those rifles were Winchester commemoratives limited editions. At the time thought to be worth tons. Now yes worth good dollars but kinda a Beanie. Baby overall compared to what people thought they would be worth now. They just made so many.

At gun shows I have seen topless ladies, drunk table sellers a lady at the 1500 selling bedazzled jewelry ask me not to stand in the isles in front of her table, (I told her to kiss my hairy white ass) a few ND’s a suicide in the parking lot. , a money bag with about 10k in cash dropped in the isle in front of me (which I gave back to the guy who dropped it) a small concession fire. A fight in the line to get in over saving a spot while a guy parked. Crop dusters and dusties some of the worst BO imaginable some sweet smelling ladies

Well gee, now you're making me rethink Tipton.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Tipton is always a fun show. I imagine it is like what "olde tyme" (1970s) gun shows were like.

Too bad there isn't a shuttle that would take you from Greenfield to Tipton and back! WE NEED A GUN BUS!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Dang it now I want to go there...but it 137 miles away....( according to googlefu)......
    we have local gun shows (Straight Shooters...meh..) here in the deep south of Indiana, but they suck pond water, and prices are cosmic.....I want a Tipton down here!!

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

All that.

In all fairness though, one of the best crop duster events happened at Tipton.
    Sunday, near closing time and very few patrons still looking for the "Deal of the show". Bachelor farmer type wearing bib overalls in the lead. Sensitive type guy ahead of me. About 10 feet separation between us. The guy following the bachelor lets out an alert. Pointing at bibs dude he hollers, HE POOPED HIMSELF !! (Loud) several times. He was not mistaken. That shart stuck in my nose like peanut butter. I used to think I was pretty immune to that type of chemical warfare. I was mistaken.
    Bibs turned the corner and hit the front door like a demon was after him.
    Come to think about it, I have never seen sensitive guy again.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    All that.

In all fairness though, one of the best crop duster events happened at Tipton.
    Sunday, near closing time and very few patrons still looking for the "Deal of the show". Bachelor farmer type wearing bib overalls in the lead. Sensitive type guy ahead of me. About 10 feet separation between us. The guy following the bachelor lets out an alert. Pointing at bibs dude he hollers, HE POOPED HIMSELF !! (Loud) several times. He was not mistaken. That shart stuck in my nose like peanut butter. I used to think I was pretty immune to that type of chemical warfare. I was mistaken.
    Bibs turned the corner and hit the front door like a demon was after him.
    Come to think about it, I have never seen sensitive guy again.

BG Dave, I read your story. I laughed so hard I cried. Thanks I needed the laugh.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

...and those are just the good points!

Top Bottom