• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The malaise in Canton, OH, seems to extend to the Stark County Sheriff's Department and the county jail, which is in Canton.

Hope Steffey ended up with a six-figure settlement (amount not disclosed) for treatment in the Stark County Jail. What is wrong with those folks?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8zICYH99Y&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5T53--pJTo&feature=related[/ame]

Stay out of Stark County and Canton!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This happens a lot. Victims call the police and then end up in jail because it is easier to arrest the victim than the perp.

I've had it happen to victims of rape (only in Tippecanoe County and Pakistan do they prosecute rape victims) but mostly it happens to victims of batteries. It is sad and frustrating especially in talking to prosecutors who usually blather endless about "victim rights" but have no qualms about prosecuting victims too.

It is important INGO remember that everytime yout talk to the police you may go to jail, regardless if you are an"innocent victim" or not. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It is a sad time that we live in. Kinda makes me wander about those that claim society today is more evolved than it was 150 years ago. Too bad conflict resolution isnt as simple as it was back then.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't be a problem to the police. Be calm, they will feed on calm or fear and nervousness, you pick which is better. If you are a problem, then they will arrest you. (If all you have is a hammer . . .).

The victims I've had that were arrested were "problems". One was drinking (in his home) when the police arrested him for Public Intoxication when they called him into the street and arrested him. Or, I had a rape victim who went to the neighbors and was arrested for Burglary by the police because she could not stop crying.

Not every report of a crime ends up like this, certainly the coppers who took the report of my gym bag being stolen from my SUV did not flip out. However, one needs to be aware that going to jail for reporting crimes does happen.

Like traffic stops, be a little Fonzi.:D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Call a lawyer first? That's the recommendation whenever we discuss home invasion shootings. You defend your home, call the cops to clean up and call a lawyer to stand with you while they're "investigating" the crime.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The malaise in Canton, OH, seems to extend to the Stark County Sheriff's Department and the county jail, which is in Canton.

Hope Steffey ended up with a six-figure settlement (amount not disclosed) for treatment in the Stark County Jail. What is wrong with those folks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8zICYH99Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5T53--pJTo&feature=related

Stay out of Stark County and Canton!

These *sshats need to go to jail themselves. ALL of them. what they did to her was completely unacceptable.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    stay-cool-fonzie-sticker.jpg

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Okay, I get it: slicked back duck-bill hair, jeans, white t-shirt, engineer boots, and a leather jacket with the collar turned up.
    Thanks! :D

Last edited:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It gets even worse:

The Stark County Deputies shown in the video of Hope Steffey being forcibly strip searched sued the TV station reporting the event.

Anyone care to guess the name of their attorney?
    Drum roll please.
    Allen Schulman! You know, the President of the Canton City Council who blamed the victim in the Officer Harless debacle and called carry laws "completely insane."

The-Review.com - Stark sheriff's deputies file lawsuit over Hope Steffey news coverage

Yeck!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It gets even worse:

The Stark County Deputies shown in the video of Hope Steffey being forcibly strip searched sued the TV station reporting the event.

Anyone care to guess the name of their attorney?
    Drum roll please.
    Allen Schulman! You know, the President of the Canton City Council who blamed the victim in the Officer Harless debacle and called carry laws "completely insane."

The-Review.com - Stark sheriff's deputies file lawsuit over Hope Steffey news coverage

Yeck!

Woah... I'll just take my "stay out of Canton, OH" religion very seriously.

John778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    omg....speechless! did this deputies get fired yet?

No, because everyone covered for them. The state & FBI "investigation" was a joke.
    I have been investigating this story since it hit national news & have used FOIA requests to get a LOT of news about this that never made it to the public. I have also talked to a lot of people involved in this "investigation".

When I contacted the investigators I asked a few questions to see just how through this investigation was.

I asked of any of the other 5 women had been interviewed to show a pattern of abuse at the jail? ANS: NO

Did you examine the camera that magically fixes itself, or see if it had ever failed before or after this case. ANS: NO

Did you polygraph anyone to verify the TRUTH of their statements? ANS: NO

Did you go over all the jail policies concerning a “suicide prevention”? ANS: NO

Do you have ANY evidence that a doctor put Steffey on suicide watch? ANS: NO

How can someone be TOO suicidal for a suit DESIGNED for the purpose?
    ANS: None, no answer at all…NO ONE I have ever contacted could answer this question.

Wow they really dug for the TRUTH in this case huh? (This also is SARCASM, since I know none of the Stark County cops know the difference.)

Top Bottom